DVDVR Message Board

MMA Talk.

The Natural

The UFC show on saturday from Brazil is on Fight Pass.  I thought that the Brazil shows were supposed to be on TV in the USA and that the shows on Fight Pass were just going to be the Europe and Asia shows.

Well, college football started about 2 weeks ago. If you only had room on FS2, you might as well throw them on Fight Pass.

SO with Ovreem Losing Friday night what do you think is in store for him next?

I think he will get at least one more fight.  Not sure if his paycheck justifies keeping him around, but with all the fights UFC puts on, he's worth having around as a recognizable name to put on cards, even with his chinny reputation.  Like put him in there with a Brendan Schaub on Fight Pass in the Netherlands.  

If they cut him, you know Bellator picks him up and books a Catching Fire Openweight Super Hulk Grand Prix Title bout with him and King Mo or something.

The UFC beat Bellator in the overnights, but they split the audiences. Bad news for Bellator as Meltzer projects their final numbers to be around 550k-600k.

The numbers of in. Bellator did 667k and UFC did 911k head-to-head.

i don't see how this is bad news for Bellator. they went head-to-head with the big game in town and had a good showing.

It's really not bad for either side TBH. Meltzer wrote a great piece at MMA Fighting about it, essentially saying that the promotions seemingly have different audiences. The UFC show did more than their last two Saturdays on FS1, Bellator pulled a number nearly identical to their Friday average, both shows held up well against Smackdown and college football...no one won, no one lost.

With Coker in charge, I think they'll be able to coexist a lot easier than when Rebney was running the show. But yeah, that Bonnar-Ortiz show is probably going to get slaughtered by the Cain-Werdum PPV/prelims.

WSOF is going against Mayweather/Maidana, the UFC, and a non shitty week (aka any week that is not week 2) of college football. Their main event is Marlon Moraes vs. Cody Bollinger in a now three round catchweight fight (IIRC). How does this company stop bleeding money in the future?

Shaheen Al-Shatti @shaunalshatti 7m

Lyoto Machida vs. C.B. Dolloway in talks for Dec. 20 in Brazil, per @arielhelwani. Nothing official yet but both sides like it.

Shaheen Al-Shatti @shaunalshatti 6m

Alexander Gustafsson's manager tells @arielhelwani their preference is to fight Rumble Johnson on Jan. 31’s UFC 183: Silva vs. Diaz card.

Erik Fontanez @Erik_Fontanez 9m

Jacare plans to fight on Dec. 6 just in case he has to step in for an injured Weidman or Belfort, per UFC Tonight.