DVDVR Message Board

MMA Talk.

The Natural

What's the over under of JR getting any words spoke with Chael next to him

That would be a good thing.

Listening to Jim Ross commentary on MMA maybe the worse thing ever.

Good thing the UFC showed a level head and didn't act impetuously.  

That was the right decision.

I'm not condemning the decision to let him go.  I can understand that because things looked really bad at the time. However, Dana spouting off that Thiago will never step foot in the Octagon again was a bit impulsive.  

Good thing the UFC showed a level head and didn't act impetuously.  

That was the right decision.

I'm not condemning the decision to let him go.  I can understand that because things looked really bad at the time. However, Dana spouting off that Thiago will never step foot in the Octagon again was a bit impulsive.  

Who said they were bringing him back? Link? I would say the odds of him coming back are slimmer now just because of what happened with Koppenhaver (and Grispi).

• Like 1

Knowing Dana, once Thiago puts together a solid string of wins outside the UFC, there's a good chance he's brought back and everything is forgotten and when asked, Dana replies with something in his defense.

Sure, Paul Daley was back when he put those wins together. Oh wait....

Yes, because Dana has never brought back anyone who he's stated on multiple occasions he's said he'd never bring back. Oh wait...

There is a reason I chose Paul Daley. What seperates Paul Daley and Thiago Silva from the Nate Marquardts and Tito Ortizes of the world? It's one thing to fail a drug test or have a personal feud with UFC brass and get your walking papers. It's another when you've shown a complete lack of wherewithal to keep your shit together and get fired for malicious intent. Dana not showing a change of heart, I would say, is completely forgivable. 

But yeah, Will Chope will be back as soon as he puts those wins together.

Will Chope was a no name they brought in.

Thiago Silva was considered a top light heavyweight for most time.

Also, Jeremy Stephens was never fired and he probably did a lot worse than Thiago Silva.

And no, I'm not defending Thiago Silva cause I could honestly careless if he's brought back or not.

If you go back to page 75 of this thread (when Thiago was cut in February), I've already discussed that point about fairness. You can have that discussion all day. But the argument is about whether the UFC will stand by the decision after it's already been made. There is nothing that points to him (Thiago Silva) being brought back. Go read Dana's statement (not the UFC one) about Chope. That definitely doesn't fit the bill of the usual Dana rhetoric when cutting guys. That's a "dude, you fucked up bad" release.

But the argument is about whether the UFC will stand by the decision after it's already been made.

Which we have no answer to yet, but wouldn't be totally out of place considering their previous track record.

There is nothing that points to him (Thiago Silva) being brought back. Go read Dana's statement (not the UFC one) about Chope.

Again:

Will Chope was a no name who lost his debut and only UFC fight.

Thiago Silva was a top contender in his division.

If Jeremy Stephens didn't face any repercussions for his mess and Dana himself helped him out in the situation, then it's not far out of reach that they would give Thiago Silva another chance.

That definitely doesn't fit the bill of the usual Dana rhetoric when cutting guys. That's a "dude, you fucked up bad" release.

Ironically enough, you just described every Dana White statement.

You can have that discussion all day.

;)

That's a "dude, you fucked up bad" release.

That's basically every statement Dana makes about, basically... Everything?

Not really if you bothered to read it

"It seems like a great guy and he's got his stuff together, but a few years ago he didn't sound like such a great guy," White said. "You put your hands on your girlfriend or your wife and you're accused of it. You beat her three times or whatever you did, that's a tough one to overcome."

"Believe me, if there is anybody on this planet into giving second chances and we all make mistakes, we're all human beings ... we will give guys second chances, but first of all, we've got sponsorship partners, we have television partners, and the list goes on and on. As tolerant as I may be, some of our partners may not."

So all Will Chope and Thiago Silva have to do is wait for the UFC to not be on TV, PPV, or have any sponsors in general. Or in your mind, the equivalent is they have to just win some fights. Just got out there and win some fights. That's all.

That's a "dude, you fucked up bad" release.

That's basically every statement Dana makes about, basically... Everything?

Not really if you bothered to read it

"It seems like a great guy and he's got his stuff together, but a few years ago he didn't sound like such a great guy," White said. "You put your hands on your girlfriend or your wife and you're accused of it. You beat her three times or whatever you did, that's a tough one to overcome."

"Believe me, if there is anybody on this planet into giving second chances and we all make mistakes, we're all human beings ... we will give guys second chances, but first of all, we've got sponsorship partners, we have television partners, and the list goes on and on. As tolerant as I may be, some of our partners may not."

So all Will Chope and Thiago Silva have to do is wait for the UFC to not be on TV, PPV, or have any sponsors in general. Or in your mind, the equivalent is they have to just win some fights. Just got out there and win some fights. That's all.

Well, I guess this argument is over.

@blackzilians: We are proud to announce that Thiago Silva is officially back with the #UFC - We are truly thankful to… http://t.co/3inPiBjvf2

Will you look at that...

So I guess that means we won't get anymore UFC on TV, PPV or they won't have anymore sponsors.