DVDVR Message Board

MMA Talk.

The Natural

With the event only two weeks away it might be easier to just promote Daron Cruickshank or Jorge Masvidal to fighting Thomson and get a replacement figther to go against whichever one stays on the prelim card.

I like this Cruickshank dude. He gonna be a star.

Back to the steroid talk, Schaub is another who suspects 60 to 70% of fighters to be on something dirty. Schaub sounds like a huge meathead who can sometimes be pretty smart on the Joe Rogan fight commentary podcasts, so take that what it's worth.

With the event only two weeks away it might be easier to just promote Daron Cruickshank or Jorge Masvidal to fighting Thomson and get a replacement figther to go against whichever one stays on the prelim card.

Fun to watch yes. A star, no. 155 is way too deep.

Fun to watch yes. A star, no. 155 is way too deep.

When I saw him live at UFC on Fox 5 and he entered to Hulk Hogan's "Real American" it got one of the best reactions of the night. I hope he still enters to that song and I hope it makes TV one day.

Your co-main event for UFC 177 is Demetrius Johnson vs. Chris Cariaso.

And to no one's surprise, Rich Chou has joined Bellator. Caplan is still onboard so I guess he is assistant matchmaker, talent relations, or whatever.

Mike Chiappetta MMA ‏@MikeChiappetta 42m

Khabib vs. Cerrone at UFC 178. You like? Good, it's done. Now back to semi-vacation ... #ICantQuitYouMMA
Expand

Card so far

Jones/Gus
Khabib/Cowboy
Cruz/Mizugaki
Kennedy/Romero
Cat/Nunes
Wonderboy/Cote
Howard/Ebersole

I agree, but that's not what normal cards look like any more due to how saturated things have become. I think "should" is irrelevant because we're probably never getting back to what things were like with 12 to 15 shows a year. The new normal is one or two big fights on top and then a bunch of filler that could be good or poor matches. Then if we're lucky, we're treated to a card like this where most things align in just the right way to give us a bunch of pretty good match-ups.

• Like 1