DVDVR Message Board

MMA Talk.

The Natural

EliteXC takin' over!

Other new fights announced:-Rory MacDonald vs. Robbie Lawler at UFC 167 (that won't happen)

-John Lineker vs. Phil Harris in Manchester

-Jim Hettes vs. Mike Wilkinson in Manchester

-Ryan Jimmo vs. Jimi Manuwa in Manchester

The other dudes that won on the Struve vs. Miocic card probably need to get their shit checked out because that now makes TWO people with potentially career ending heart problems from that card.

When MacDonald roasts Lawler, it's going to be so funny when Dana goes back to being on his dick.

Being a long time Ruthless Robbie fan I hope he gets this win.  I don't think he would beat GSP if he got a title shot but at least he's willing to step in there with him unlike Rory who's playing the "we're teammates, we won't ever fight" BS.  You dedicate everything about your life to be an MMA fighter and you're going to pass up the chance to be the #1 guy in the sport just because it complicates your traniing camp for that fight?

Yeah, I would like to see Robbie put a Kosh-esque KO on MacDonald's ass, but I hope that the Lawler that shows up to that fight is the guy that smashed Ninja Rua and not the guy that tapped out in R1 to Jake Shields.

Jessica Eye, late of Bellator, has been signed by the UFC.  She is expected to make her debut againt Sarah Kaufman at UFC 166.  Kaufman was supposed to debut at UFC Fight Night 27, but her opponant withdrew from the card for unspecified reasons.

No word on whether or not UFC will also sign Jessica Aguilar, the other Bellator MMA fighter released on the 13th.

Good lord is that a horrible matchup.  Kennedy and his lack of speed/movement is just a recipe for disaster for him with Machida.  He is going to look completely like a guy who should not even be in the sport of MMA against Lyoto. 

Oh man. So let's see, I get to potentially see Kennedy get his lights put out by Machida AND there's the possibility that Lawler concusses MacDonald so bad I never have to see MacDonald again.

As for Struve, man, that sucks. I've always liked Struve and thought that sooner or later he would be able to get over the hump and challenge for the title, but like Melvin Guillard, he always gets tripped up right as he's on the cusp of earning a shot at the title. That said, I'd rather he get to live a good long life than be able to fight again. Send that man to the Cleveland Clinic.

Fucking Struve.  Lots of respect for that guy.  He never backed down from any fighter and every one of his fights was exciting.  He was either going to get completely blasted away or do the same to the other fighter or submit them.  Never made excuses for his losses and always came off as a genuine dude.  In his 31 pro fights the guy only went to decision once.  And he even had a DQ loss for fish-hooking.  I hope everything works out well for him whether he fights again or not. 

• Like 2

I don't know what his exact situation is either, but a good friend of mine who does triathlons found out he had similar sounding issues. After he received treatment, he was able to go back to everything he did before.