DVDVR Message Board

MMA Talk.

The Natural

my buddy texted me today and said "i hear Rogan going to steep into the Octagon"

my response was "bullshit" and he hasn't followed up. either he's smoking crack or he gets his mma ideas from Russo.

I love that the reason their replacing Wand is because he skipped tests/ didn't get licensed but they replace him with Vitor, somebody who doesn't have a license and has a good chance of not getting one. 

Counterpoint:  The "new" NSAC may be "new boss, same as the old boss." You think Zuffa would take a chance and announce Vitor as the replacement without it getting rubber stamped? Belfort may have been the backup plan all along since they had trouble with Wanderlei refusing to sign a bout agreement. 

• Like 1

With that being said....

NAC exec. director Bob Bennett says Wand could still apply to fight on the card if he wanted to. Might have a tough time getting licensed...

If Vitor doesn't licensed on 6/17, it's because he is shooting a needle in his ballsack at the commission meeting in front of everyone.

Per Ariel, Cormier seriously injured his knee 10 days before UFC 173 and may need surgery

Bigfoot wants to come back and fight Barnett. He may need another surgery on his pituitary gland.

Dominick Cruz has resumed sparring and may return in 2-4 months.

Vitor could sprout tentacles and a third eye and he'd still get a pass at this point. I for one look forward to seeing Chael get the beating of his life.

Steven Marrocco
@MMAjunkieSteven
Also, Dana confirmed that Wandy is "done" in the UFC. Stories aplenty headed to mmajunkie.com.

Steven Marrocco
@MMAjunkieSteven
If you haven't heard, Dana confirmed at UFN 41 scrum that Chael vs Vitor is set for 185, not 205.

Guest Edwin

Like most TUF coach grudge matches, Chael vs. Wanderlei will happen a couple of years after the season has ended.