DVDVR Message Board

MMA Talk.

The Natural

Poor Raphael Assuncao.  Got screwed over big time there.  I know it was close, but he won six in a row plus got a win over Dillashaw.  

EDIT:

USA Today report says that Assuncao is apparently injured and wouldn't have been ready for UFC 173.  So I mean, take it for what you will.

• Like 1

Guest Edwin

Watching TUF Brazil, Chael's mockery of Wanderlei is hilarious.

Chael chuckling "This is the greatest day of my life" after winding Wanderlei up was hilarious.

I don't know when this happened....but Fight Pass suddenly good really fucking good. They added a ton of PRIDE, WEC, Strikeforce, and EliteXC shows. I didn't check if they were full or not, but there is a lot of quantity there. So if you were on the fence about it before...I dunno, maybe it's worth a show now.

It's a bigger fight for Cormier than Feijao at least.  

Henderson's in the twilight of his career, might as well put him in a fight like this while you still can and he's coming off a win.  For Henderson, he's signed a 6 fight deal and wants to get to the title again, so if he seriously wants to make another run he has to beat someone like Cormier.

Seriously... Cormier, KO, RD 1. Dan moves in slow motion now and his chin is gone. I love Hendo and he's a legend but he should have hung them up after the Shogun fight. That was his chance to go out with a win.

And then Shogun came within an inch of putting Hendo away. I like Hendo a lot, but he's old, can't rely on TRT, and he doesn't have the chin he once had. Cormier is a better wrestler and a better striker.

So Cormier will hold Hendo against the cage for fifteen minutes then.

I was about to post the TL;DR version of this, but I thought I was being too contrarian. I see people all over Twitter saying Cormier is going to smash him, but the one thing I give Shogun over Cormier is that Mauricio is a more dynamic finisher. The reason for that is he is willing to completely sell out for a knockout or submission. That has been his MO for his entire career. This guy use to roll for kneebars and leglocks without hardly any setup at all.

When I thought there was a possibility of this fight in Strikeforce at HW, I saw it as a tepid 30-27 Cormier win. There has been little that has happened since then to change my mind. If you think Cormier is going to fight Henderson like he did Cummins, apparently you haven't seen the rest of Cormier's UFC run.

• Like 2

Yep.  I think it's bad for Hendo because like was mentioned earlier he had a chance to go out on top in some way if he left now.  I don't see Cormier knocking him out but I do see him making Hendo look terrible for an entire fight.  Hendo is still strong but he's not fast by any means.  If Cormier decides to utilize his wrestling ability there's really nothing Dan can do about it.  Jake Shields controlled him for an entire fight save for a few minutes in the first round.  Cormier will do the same.