DVDVR Message Board

MMA Talk.

The Natural

If Rampage/Mo doesn't happen now, then they should just forget about it.

It will be funny if this tournament leads to Newton/Mo III.

If Rampage/Mo doesn't happen now, then they should just forget about it.

It will be funny if this tournament leads to Newton/Mo III.

You would think by now promoters would learn you can't predict this stuff. How did that Overeem/Fedor fight go in the 2nd round of the Strikeforce Heavyweight Gran Prix... oh wait... yeah it didn't happen. Just make the match-ups you want in the 1st round.

• Like 1

IMHO, you can't "build up" fights in MMA.  It just doesn't work.  Strikeforce made a lot of concessions and deals to try and "build up" Alistair Overeem vs. Fedor Emelianenko for the heavyweight title.  Hence why Strikeforce would go years without having their champions defend their titles.  That strategy failed.  Sometimes if you have a fight, you just have to make it.

Amusing that Mo gets another 4-man tournament.  Newton now has to win 5 fights in order to become champion.  

I think Shogun deserves somebody a little better then a guy coming off 3 straight, but I'm still pumped. 

Hendo is actually ranked higher than Shogun but I know what you are saying.

Rankings are the worst. 

I think Shogun deserves somebody a little better then a guy coming off 3 straight, but I'm still pumped. 

The UFC's just milking the chance of setting up a possible rematch of a great fight which they'll be able to build up easy now that they at least have the chance to do it before either guy loses anymore fights than they already have.

Ross Pearson is out of his rematch with Melvin Guillard.  Michael Johnson fills in.

This is a good winnable fight for MJ and much better for him than fighting Nurmagomedov.

The Ultimate Fighter Canada vs Australia? Anyone...?

I watched the first episode and can't remember a single thing which isn't a good thing.

I know the coaches are uninteresting.

I know I'll watch episode 2 once I get some free time off on Sunday.