DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2016 NXT GENERAL DISCUSSION

RIPPA

I hate myself for knowing this, but I think ADTR is A Day to Remember.  I know that because Paige used to date the one guy from it and it was documented on Total Divas.  Great, now I hate myself even more.  And that's neat they're using Babymetal.

• Like 1

There's so many ways to interpret that. It could refer to Joe vs Finn or NXT as a whole. The "Where do we go from here" is throwing me off just as much as "the end" is.

I really hope they're not ending NXT.

2 minutes ago, Craig H said:

There's so many ways to interpret that. It could refer to Joe vs Finn or NXT as a whole. The "Where do we go from here" is throwing me off just as much as "the end" is.

I really hope they're not ending NXT.

Well, they have the Download Festival the next weekend, so they can't end at the Takeover.

With the brand split looming, I could see most of the current roster getting sent to Raw or SD. It'll probably be presented as all NXT wrestlers are eligible for the draft, which would mean just about anyone who gets regular tv time is getting the call. If they do end up putting a women's division and tag team division on each show, it really is all hands on deck at this point. NXT could revert back to more of a true developmental with a couple of ace-level wrestlers that haven't debuted yet (Almas, Athena, etc).

This is a namechange. They already referred to this Takeover as "NXT Takeover: Revenge" in the past.

So I'm pretty sure this has nothing to do with Joe/Balor and does indeed mean the end of NXT in some way.

9 minutes ago, Sublime said:

Maybse NXT is going to be a third brand with its own three hour ppvs on sundays like raw amd smackdown?

I really hope it's this.

The other option is they will completely deplete the roster by moving everyone worth a damn to Raw and Smackdown and NXT will revert back to being more like what FCW used to be. I guess there's a contingent on this board that would be happy about this.

56 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Per Jim Ross (so take that for whatever) it means the end of Takeover specials

What about the Brooklyn show or the NXT show booked Wrestlemania weekend then?  Unless they're re-branding the NXT live specials.

I was looking at it like the end of the specials, simply because I'm sure every top act will be on the main roster.  I can easily see NXT going back to resembling what it was pre-Network, being truly a development brand.  Which would be cool, but also suck in a way.  I'm bullish on watching main roster WWE, and this could potentially be what causes me to not renew my Network sub.

Yeah - the way Ross said it, NXT talent will heavily be a part of Smackdown and so I guess that means even the PPVs

I assume Brooklyn will just be rebranded

I'm really, really bummed if they're killing off Takeover. I looked forward to those more than the PPVs. I'm guessing Vince's thinking is that if they gut the NXT roster and kill off Takeover, then those same fans will then rabidly follow whichever show the NXT guys are moved to and they can finally end the NXT big shows. 

• Like 1