DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2016 NXT GENERAL DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Just now, Raziel403 said:

Is she the one that's friends with Nak?  If so, it's pretty likely.

I'm not sure. This is in the description from both videos:

番外編!

I played "Subconscious" from theme music of pro-wrestler Shinsuke Nakamura who i respect and love.
大好きな中邑真輔選手の新日本退団を聞いて、いてもたってもいられなくて思わず、テー­マ曲「Subconscious」を弾いてみました。
新日で見れなくなるのはとても悲しいけど、どこに行っても応援してます!!YeaOh­!!!!!!!!

I'm so sad he will leave from NJPW.
Missing you Shinsuke but i'm on your side... YeaOh!!!!!!

---

Thank you everyone who watched my video that I played "Subconscious" , and was so happy to got many requests!!
So... I tried to play"The Rising Sun" from WWE NXT New Theme music of Pro Wrestler Shinsuke Nakamura!

Ah, man, I don't know how I'm going to handle the epicness of Joe/Nak in a sold out Barclays Center.  I will have to do my damndest to get tickets for that.  Damn this wishful thinking, I'll be sad if we don't get something like that.

On 5/18/2016 at 4:48 AM, Go2Sleep said:

Here's a question I was thinking about the other day that I'll put here to generate some discussion:

What's the best network-era NXT match that doesn't have Sami Zayn or Sasha Banks in it?

I'm tempted to say American Alpha vs Rhyno/Corbin from Takeover:Respect, just to be different.  Really shows you what impact Zayn and Sasha had on NXT the last 2 years.

All good choices for best NXT match, non-Sasha, non-Zayn division. 

I'd add Paige/Emma and Joe/Bálor Dallas to that list. I'm trying to think of any other pre-Network NXT matches that I would nominate, but I can't come up with one. Oh, maybe Ohno/Regal from 2013. That's a good candidate. 

See that is the sticky wicket - since G2S clearly said "Network" era

So that technically excludes Big E/Rollins, Paige/Emma, Regal/Ohno and the Regal/Cesaro matches

(The Network launched Feb 2014 all of those matches were in 2013)

Paige/Emma was on the first Network special, so that should count.

I somehow missed the "Network era" provision in G2S's post, though, so yeah, that makes it much harder to say. My favorites are probably Joe/Bálor Dallas, American Alpha/Rhyno and Corbin, and Paige/Emma. Oh, and every Emma squash match from October to December of 2015. 

7 minutes ago, Smelly McUgly said:

Paige/Emma was on the first Network special, so that should count.

I was talking the 1st Paige/Emma match. The one that was the Finals of the original NXT Women's Tournament

Basically - everything from the First Takeover (Arrival) counts since Arrival was the first live event streammed on the Network

That one had the aforementioned Paige/Emma match and the Neville/Bo Dallas Ladder match that I seem to recall people liking.

The current tryout class

IMG_5749--e78772c919a8204819da4e089a599a

Among the folks in there

Blaize Cabell, a University of Northern Iowa heavyweight grappler and three-time NCAA tournament qualifier;
Junior Aumavae, a 311-pound nose tackle formerly signed with the New York Jets and Dallas Cowboys;
Paul Cheng, a former first-round draft pick of the Canadian Football League-turned-MMA fighter;
Demitrius Bronson, a running back formerly signed with the Miami Dolphins and Seattle Seahawks;
Nathan Redwing, a 290-pound independent wrestler who played football at Peru State College;
Arkady Unterleidner, an NPC bikini competitor who has trained under Brian Kendrick;
Brian Waymire, a 6-foot-9 former Division I swimmer who attended the 2013 NFL combine;
Yaseen Mudassar, a 300-pound, two-time All-American wrestler, who competes in the independent circuit as “Yaseen (The Persian) Machine”; and
Ashley Urbanski, an independent wrestler who was a 2015 Tough Enough finalist featured on last year’s WWE Network competition special.

Only one I know is Ashley Urbanski who is Shotzi Blackheart on the indies (She is the one with the tats and green hair)

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The current tryout class

Among the folks in there

Only one I know is Ashley Urbanski who is Shotzi Blackheart on the indies (She is the one with the tats and green hair)

She was the one with red hair that got booted for a heart problem, right?  Was hoping she would get another chance.

Yup - the same one.

I think it is almost a lock they sign her since I doubt they would have brought her in again if they weren't comfortable with her medicals now.

She has such a unique look for them and she is not terrible in the ring.

I definitely appreciate the diversity of answers to my question, although it's what I expected. I was just trying to come up with a top 10 network-era (starting at Arrival) NXT matches in my head to kill some time while driving and I realized either Sami or Sasha was in like my top 8. It gets tough after that.

My top choices were Balor/Owens from the 3/25/15 weekly show and Bayley/Asuka from Dallas.

If you are sensitive about NXT spoilers - don't visit the NXT Facebook page or the NXT Twitter as the revealed something that will occur during tonight's tapings

Folks have gotten new names (since they are part of the tapings I am spoilerizing them)

Spoiler

Manny Andrade has finally gotten his new name. Not sure what it is but he does have a new name

TMDK = TM61

Mikey Nicholls = Nick Miller

Shane Haste = Shane Thorne

• Like 1