DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2016 NXT GENERAL DISCUSSION

RIPPA

40 minutes ago, Trocar Slush Weasel said:

Everybody will probably poo-poo this idea but I kinda want them to have a random draw for teams in the Dusty Classic.

Legit random, or two guys that hate each other happen to get paired against two guys that have teamed together for years?

And, is it all NXT and young indie guys, or can there be room for Marcus Bagwell and Glacier?

1 minute ago, zev said:

Legit random, or two guys that hate each other happen to get paired against two guys that have teamed together for years?

And, is it all NXT and young indie guys, or can there be room for Marcus Bagwell and Glacier?

As legit as anything in wrestling can be.  I mean the finalists last year were seemingly randomly paired.  And even if he can get time off from Gigolo House, no to Bagwell.  Obviously, if they want to use this as a showcase for TMDK, it can't really be random.

• Like 1

If it's a Dusty Classic, I want the final match to somehow involve that polka dot ladder, and the first round at least to have a masked team called the James Gang.

I don't think it has to be random per se - just have singles guys being all "We wanted to be in this so bad we teamed together". Pretty much exactly how the Balor/Joe team was formed

12 hours ago, L_W_P said:

Johnny Gargano gets teamed with Tomasso Ciampa!

Austin Aries gets teamed with No Way Jose!!

Eric Young gets teamed with Bobby Roode...

I think Aries should be teamed with Gargano and they can call them the Pfft Bros.  "Oh you think you're gonna Irish Whip me into the corner, PFFFT!"

Bayley beat Alexa Bliss.

Manny Andrade beat Chris Girard.

Austin Aries beat Blake. 

American Alpha beat Sawyer Fulton and Alexander Wolfe to retain the NXT Tag Titles.

Tyler Breeze beat No Way Jose.

Asuka beat Eva Marie to retain the NXT Women's Title.

Finn Balor and Shinsuke Nakamura beat Samoa Joe and Tye Dillinger.

From the OKC show

Unfortunately - the Florida show appeared to have another scary injury

Kenneth Crawford appears to have suffered an injury during his match with Noah at Friday's NXT show in Citrus Springs, Florida.

He attempted a springboard maneuver but didn't make it all the way onto the ropes, slipped, and fell hard into the ring. Noah rolled him up and the ref threw the X up pretty quickly afterwards. He was tended to in the ring for a few minutes before being carried out on a stretcher. From what it appeared, his arms and legs were not moving although he was able to talk to those in the ring who were assisting him.

A fan in attendance noted on Twitter that he was told by EMTs that Crawford was flown out for medical attention, but that wasn't confirmed. Our JJ Williams was there and noted that Crawford didn't appear to be awake on the way to the back

Hope Kenneth is alright because they didn't mention anything at the show tonight.

Tonight's show in Orlando was pretty bare bones since most of the talent was on the touring show. Lots of rookie matches with a surprise main event between the Revival and the Vaudevillans. Out of the non tv guy matches, the one that impressed me the most was Tino Sabbatelli and Angelo Dawkins. Tino has potential as a heel. He would probably be on the main roster if this was 5 years ago. Also Athena vs Peyton Royce was real good. Can't wait for Athena to debut.

On 5/8/2016 at 5:28 AM, Tim Evans said:

Hope Kenneth is alright because they didn't mention anything at the show tonight.

Tonight's show in Orlando was pretty bare bones since most of the talent was on the touring show. Lots of rookie matches with a surprise main event between the Revival and the Vaudevillans. Out of the non tv guy matches, the one that impressed me the most was Tino Sabbatelli and Angelo Dawkins. Tino has potential as a heel. He would probably be on the main roster if this was 5 years ago. Also Athena vs Peyton Royce was real good. Can't wait for Athena to debut.

Observer's daily update noted that all tests had come back negative, so it looks like he's all right.

Tino was one of the names announced for the June UK tour so I'm assuming he's one of the ones close to a TV debut. He's also announced for the PNW shows, but that is presumably because he was a college star there

http://portlandtribune.com/pt/9-news/305577-183600-is-wwes-next-big-thing-former-osu-beavers-football-star-sabby-piscitelli