DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2016 NXT GENERAL DISCUSSION

RIPPA

4 hours ago, RandomAct said:

Yeah I never got the hate for them either.  Their type of music has been around forever, but because they happened to make some headway in the states, the "metal heads" threw a fit about it.

From what I've read, the veterans of metal have given them the thumbs-up. If anything, they respect the fact that these gals can handle touring at such a young age.

14 hours ago, Smelly McUgly said:

Yeah, I just assumed that it was an end to that naming device. I wouldn't be surprised if NXT was spotlighted to some degree on Smackdown! as well, but I don't think it means the end of NXT or of NXT specials. 

I wonder if this will necessitate another signing spree on the part of WWE, though. Maybe they'll try to ransack New Japan. Maybe they'll steal Dalton Castle and Cheeseburger from ROH, AKA "the only two reasons that I keep up with ROH in any capacity."

Well, okay, there's also Moose, so two of the three reasons. 

If they don't sign Cedric Alexander, they are fucking crazy.

On 5/25/2016 at 5:19 PM, odessasteps said:

And now shes dating ADR.

Next, AD. Then A.

Paige and Apollo Dantes could be a cute couple.

If there is a near complete gutting of the NXT "TV star" roster for the brand split, it would make sense to have a break between specials to build up the next generation first. Possibly related; the rumour (from Rovert) is that the September class is being moved forward to the summer, and that it very likely will include Tommy End + another "similar level/name guy".

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU--

This is maybe the only real reason that I have the Network because they don't put old footage up quickly enough. My money will go to Paul Boesch instead if they end NXT, I guess. 

Just now, Wyld Samurai said:

Once Joe, Finn and Nak leave... would you even be interested in future Takeovers? Those big indy names will not be spending time in NXT after the split.

I was interested in Takeovers before they got there, so yes I would. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Once Joe, Finn and Nak leave... would you even be interested in future Takeovers? Those big indy names will not be spending time in NXT after the split.

Yes, I always like to watch good wrestling, and there are dozens and dozens of people that aren't in WWE yet.

3 hours ago, Norwegian Rudo said:

If there is a near complete gutting of the NXT "TV star" roster for the brand split, it would make sense to have a break between specials to build up the next generation first. Possibly related; the rumour (from Rovert) is that the September class is being moved forward to the summer, and that it very likely will include Tommy End + another "similar level/name guy".

Would they need to actually have the September class moved up, though? 

Considering the Cruiserweight Classic is happening in a few weeks and the names confirmed has slown to a trickle despite that [as well as the unlikely rumor from Rovert of "the slowdown of names is because WWE could only get Florida-area cruiserweights to fill the ranks" ), it seem just as realistic for "the only big names confirmed for the Cruiserweight Classic so far have already been signed and will make up numbers for NXT."

14 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

I am more interested in seeing NXT built around the former Sombra than I am seeing Balor dropkick his way way through middling title defenses again. 

• Like 2

On 5/30/2016 at 10:11 AM, Wyld Samurai said:

I dig their ode to The Steiner Brothers look.

I dig Gable rocking the Tully Blanchard boots.

• Like 1