DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2016 NXT GENERAL DISCUSSION

RIPPA

So the card for Takeover after tonight's go home taping is

Finn vs Joe in a cage for the title

Nakamura vs Austin Aries

Nia Jax vs Asuka for the women's title

American Alpha vs The Revival for the tag titles

I'm thinking they might do Alexa vs Carmella and possibly No Way Jose in a squash match. Also they might do another Gargano/Ciampa vs TM-61 match

As of right now - this will be the first Takeover since the 2nd one (which they called Takeover) to not have Bayley or Sasha Banks in a match

So this is the easiest Takeover to predict the winners right?

Spoiler

Joe retains, Nakamura becomes #1 contender, AA retain, Asuka retains. Really the only questions are what's the match order going to be, who will have the match of the night and will the worst match on Takeover: Revenge be better than the best match from Extreme Rules/Money in the Bank.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Trocar Slush Weasel said:

I wonder how successful I will be at avoiding spoilers.  I'm pretty sure I knew the Dallas card before the showed it on TV.

Well to be fair - it isn't that hard to figure out the card even before the tapings yesterday.

Consider that a blessing or a curse of NXT actually having their shit together

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Well to be fair - it isn't that hard to figure out the card even before the tapings yesterday.

Consider that a blessing or a curse of NXT actually having their shit together

Well, I got:

Joe/Balor in a cage

AA/Revival

I got an idea based on the last show where some of the other matches will go, but I'll try to be surprised for the others.

I bend over backwards to avoid spoilers for the weekly tv but I can guess a few. I also appreciate the shit out of the posters here for respecting that fact and using spoiler windows.

With that said, I could probably guess at least five of the matches right now.

• Like 2

I know we have gone back and forth in regards to the whole "Are Gagano and Ciampa actually signed deal" - well both tweeted today linking to their bios being put up on the WWE website.

So clearly they have enough of a deal that that step was finally made

• Like 2

On 5/19/2016 at 11:05 AM, RIPPA said:

The current tryout class

Among the folks in there

Only one I know is Ashley Urbanski who is Shotzi Blackheart on the indies (She is the one with the tats and green hair)

Between the tryouts for "shoot" and TM-61, it's just bad form.

I mean, if you want to have a longstanding career and not get it ended in an instant, you'd think WWE would try hard to make sure performers don't start their WWE career on May...well the day that Thursday was that comes before today, May 20...

1 hour ago, SorceressKnight said:

Does that count as an NXT name if that is effectively her real name, though- or is it just "the name until she GETS her NXT name?"

Normally I would say it is the later but Shane Haste got to keep "Shane" so this might be the new way they are renaming indy folks they sign

Glencross is her real surname, too, apparently.

Biff Busick/Chris Girard is also still wrestling under his real name at the time, so does Rich Swann and probably a bunch of others, too.

So it's very likely that it's the latter and they will all get a WWE-ified name eventually.

• Like 1

No, those aren't their old Indy gimmicked names, those are their actual real life names. That's different.

Except in the case of Rich Swann, who also wrestled under his real name on the Indies.