DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

2 hours ago, The Nature Boy said:

Am I the only one who wants AJ to win the belt on Sunday with the Bullet Club's help? 

Nah, man.  I think you're the only one who doesn't want Roman to keep the belt. 

Edited by mattdangerously
I'm drunk. Don't judge me.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

In today's WWE, I think they'd be more concerned with the fact that Hogan exhumed Piper's body and brought it down to the ring on live TV.

well, the Ancient Romans exhumed Pope Formasus, dressed him up in his Papal gear and put his decomposing cadaver to trial. So I could absolutely see Hogan doing the same. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

well, the Ancient Romans exhumed Pope Formasus, dressed him up in his Papal gear and put his decomposing cadaver to trial. So I could absolutely see Hogan doing the same. 

I'm not sure someone didn't do that to Hogan during the Gawker trial.

4 hours ago, The Nature Boy said:

Am I the only one who wants AJ to win the belt on Sunday with the Bullet Club's help? He of course then reveals that this was all a setup and that he brought in Gallows and Anderson because he knew he couldn't beat Reigns on his own. 

Bring Balor up as their Tully and the Bullet Club is a nice Horsemen style stable. 

That'd kill Roman so dead. He'd be slotted as a babyface who lost after another short reign against a bunch of cool heels that part of the card will cheer for no matter what. I mean, unless you brought Rollins in and did gang warfare with the Shield. 

3 minutes ago, Matt D said:

That'd kill Roman so dead. He'd be slotted as a babyface who lost after another short reign against a bunch of cool heels that part of the card will cheer for no matter what. I mean, unless you brought Rollins in and did gang warfare with the Shield. 

In which he would be the third most over act in that group

10 hours ago, Patrick B. said:

.........so St. Louis Anarchy should be fun this coming weekend.  Double shot with T.J. Perkins and Jonathan Gresham on both shows.  Good times.

Jonathan Gresham is easily in my Top 10 indy workers. Very ring smart and creative, great gimmick.

- RAF

Friday has Davey Vega vs. Perkins and Gary Jay vs. Gresham, while Saturday has the winner of Vega-Perkins challenging Mat Fitchett for the title while the loser faces Gresham.  Good times.

I honestly don't care who wins the WWE Title match on Sunday.  I'll be at an indie show that day too, so it'll be a triple-header for me.

2 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Best part of that story to me is they found him guilty and his punishment was to cut of his hand and rebarry him minus hand. 

• Like 1

I was reading a thread on the Observer board where Da Meltz in answering some questions.  Someone asked about Apollo Crews and why he hasn't been pushed, and Dave answered that he just doesn;t have a program right now.  Why the fuck would they bring the guy up to the main roster if there was no plan?  I know they did this with Tyler Breeze, but that was more of a 'let's make sure this guy fails' type of thing.  It's just baffling.  So much wasted talent.  

Again - they most likely HAD a plan when they brought him up but thanks to Vince or Kevin Dunn or whoever that quickly got changed and now he is just in limbo until they figure something out.

Heck - it is possible that they planned on having him feud with Ryback over the US Title but Ryback's situation changed and thus by proxy Crews plan got changed (that is 100% speculation on my part. Just tossing out a plausible scenario on how things change)

Not everything has nefarious reasons with the WWE as much as we all want to believe that

It's well known that WWE is booked by the whim of a 70 year old micro managing madman fuelled by the best Colombian White Gold and Red Bull.  This is a guy who changes RAW 6 times the day of.  It's not suprising.

These are the alerts I get from the ESPN app

JOHN CENA WILL HOST THE 2016 ESPYS!!!!!

I regret every decision I have made in my life that has lead to this moment

• Like 2