DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

1 minute ago, jstout said:

Slater AND Murdoch? Shit. Talk about a DVDVR dream team.

Or a WCW midcard team.

i loves me some Slater and Murdoch, but, man, I did not like the Flatliners.  Bad mix of two guys way past their primes with skill sets more suited for the territory era that the tv era.

True, but both guys got a pass from me at the time for being so frickin' entertaining for years. And you gotta admit peak-era Slater and Murdoch would be a DVDVR dream team. Besides, my buddy just liked the idea that "GET 'EM, DICK" applied to either guy. This was his downfall, however.

1 minute ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

No spoilers, but lord do I fucking hate it how a 7.0 magnitude earthquake hits at the exact moment anyone gets punched in a WWE ring.

Boy, am I gonna whine later about one of the tag teams.

Just now, Dolfan in NYC said:

No spoilers, but lord do I fucking hate it how a 7.0 magnitude earthquake hits at the exact moment anyone gets punched in a WWE ring.

I thought it was just my stream freaking out. That was probably shaky cam at its worst.

The guy who made that YouTube video about what happens when you have snow or confetti on screen should do another one with the WWE shaky cam crap.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jstout said:

True, but both guys got a pass from me at the time for being so frickin' entertaining for years. And you gotta admit peak-era Slater and Murdoch would be a DVDVR dream team. Besides, my buddy just liked the idea that "GET 'EM, DICK" applied to either guy. This was his downfall, however.

That's on par with the "Lets go Jimmy" chant at one of ROH's spring 2006 shows during the four way match between Jimmy Rave, Jimmy Jacobs, Jimmy Yang, and Delirious. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

Or a WCW midcard team.

i loves me some Slater and Murdoch, but, man, I did not like the Flatliners.  Bad mix of two guys way past their primes with skill sets more suited for the territory era that the tv era.

Bunkhouse Buck was... Golden, damnit!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

Or a WCW midcard team.

Slater and Murdoch were called The Hardliners. They weren't Chicago med school students conducting experiments to see what lies beyond death. Underrated movie. 

• Like 7

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Slater and Murdoch were called The Hardliners. They weren't Chicago med school students conducting experiments to see what lies beyond death. 

That... would've been par for the course in 91 WCW.  And probably damn entertaining as well.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

Gah.  I even googled the name because Flatliners didn't sound right and I still got it wrong.  My bad .

It's all good. Maybe all this useless wrestling trivia in my head will pay off some day. 

There is a tag team called the Flatliners in Ontario. Asylum and Matt Burns. They're pretty good and nearly won season 3 of "The Amazing Race Canada"

6 hours ago, offspring515 said:

See but to me it works in this scenario.  Mustafa hates America so the chant would enrage him.  Bulldog, while not American, loves America and is inspired by the chant.

That was always my way of rationalizing it.

It must have got to him in the end though...I remember Jim Cornette ranting about fans chanting "USA" during Allied Powers matches as a reason why Davey Boy turned heel in 95

• Like 1