DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

1 minute ago, L_W_P said:

Id like to see the Wyatts take more time off too. When is Harper due back?

Also has anyone else noticed how much distance they have put between Reigns and Ambrose in the last few months? They don't even really talk about each other anymore. In all of these attacks on Roman has nobody been asking where Dean is and why he isn't helping?

They haven't been able to get his theme music queued up in time for him to run out and help.

2 hours ago, Sammo~! said:

They never really explained why he wasn't on TV in character. One night he's the baby face in a tag team with Roman, then he's just not on TV for 3 weeks, no mention of injury. Rowan and Strowman nowhere to be seen. It's funny, Wyatt's stock has fallen so much that I forgot he was injured. Maybe some more time off would benefit them, get some vignettes going and hold off the return until Summerslam so that he actually has some hype behind the return and let fans grow to miss him between now and then.

Remember when Rollins got injured and they had no main event heels?  Perfect time to push someone if they only had someone to play that heel role.

10 hours ago, Trocar Slush Weasel said:

CM Punk isn't Fat Spanish Waiter, he's nate

051_CMPUNK_06302008cm_0017.jpg

Unrelated, but it took me over a year to realize FSW's name wasn't Fat Spanish WALTER

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Pete said:

I broke out the future endeavoring into its own thread on the WWE board.

That thread gets REALLY confusing on the second page, when guys are suddenly saying "When I get banned..." and "You're from Idaho?" a propos of nothing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Haha wait why am I Idaho?!

4 hours ago, Ramsey said:

If I ever get Cashed, it will be "who? Oh yeah....Idaho."

I'll remember you since you quoted me for your sig.

• Like 1

My thoughts on the releases:

Wade Barrett - One of the most misused stars ever who went from main eventer to a midcard geek to midcarder with a hot gimmick down to a midcard geek losing every week on Raw. He had everything WWE liked but they did everything they could to sabotage him. Nexus' loss to Team Cena and Cena beating him during his Nexus run were awful booking. I hope NJPW picks him up as he'd be perfect.

Sandow - Another victim of bad booking. Was maybe the 3rd or 4th most over person on the roster at one point but it was squandered after he split from Miz. No follow-up or anything. I think he's your stereotypical WWE guy - Good character wise and passable in ring.

Riley - A 3rd victim of bad booking. Noticing a trend? Was overpushed for a while and when he split from Miz, like Sandow, he was super over. What do they do? Job him and forget him about. Didn't he piss Cena off?

Santino - Was awesome in OVW as Boris Alexiev. I didn't like his initial intro when he won the IC title. I though he did really good and was THE comedy guy for the company. Didn't know he was still employed. I hope he heals up and he should be able to do indies forever. He had a good run.

Cameron - Should have never been hired. An idiot inside the ring and out. Luke, The guy missing his front teeth, Matt Cross and Rima weren't hired from that Tough Enough but she and Silent Rage were. Stupid.

Torito - Was hired for a role and he lost a job when he that role ended. Could have probably done comedy spots and maybe some matches, but he shouldn't have been shocked.

Hornswoggle - Pick the one who gets popped for a drug test failure - 1) Ryback, 2)Batista, 3)Hornswoggle. Yeah, OK. Had a pretty good run for really being nothing special. Overachieved.

Colter - Thought he did well with his role but was of course underused. Would have liked him to have seen him get a chance to be a serious manager.