DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

If only Bob Barker had guest hosted Impact instead of RAW, Davey could've gotten proper advice and made that dogged decision a lot quicker.

• Like 1

Apparently WWE sent Ryback home before Raw today, and he is gonna be off tv indefinitely. Contract dispute (Big Guy's deal ends in the summer). 

I'd like to imagine them, in character, trying to come up with something and just settling on a pre-made template.

Using the trial version of course. Certified G's don't buy Adobe, they just keep downloading trial copies. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

Apparently WWE sent Ryback home before Raw today, and he is gonna be off tv indefinitely. Contract dispute (Big Guy's deal ends in the summer). 

Per WON

Several sources have noted that there was an issue with Ryan Reeves, who was scheduled in the Battle Royal tonight on Raw but did not appear on the show.

There are reports of a contract dispute going around.  Ryback was in Dubai recently for a tour and flat out said he wasn't happy with his role at WrestleMania and being in a preshow match, and while privately people talk like that all the time, in WWE it is not something considered good for a career unless you are an untouchable level star to do that.

Last night at Payback, Ryback, in Chicago did a C.M. Punk ring entrance, likely mocking Punk, who blamed Ryback for injuring him.  In Punk's famous interviews on Colt Cabana's Art of Wrestling podcast, Ryback was one of the people he made fun of for carelessness with his body.

He also wore a weight belt last night that had the wording "Pre Show Stopper," after being in the pre show a second straight time.

And then per Meltzer on the radio show

Ryback met with Vince yesterday regarding his contract (which expires later in the summer)

Ryback didn't like the offer the WWE made and apparently during the conversation it got so bad that Vince finally said something along the lines "Well you probably should just go home then"

So Ryback went home and the speculation is that they won't use him again until his contract is up or there is a reconciliation.

18 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Just clarify - it could still be very serious.

No one knows how long he will need to recover.

As Meltzer pointed out last night - a severe concussion was the reason Christian was retired. (He cited a UFC fighter who has been out over a year but I am blanking on who). He could be back next week too.

But we should probably be careful about saying "nothing too serious"

There is a player at my soccer team in Scotland who got a concussion in August, came back in November, got another concussion in January & that's him out until the new season starts in August. And that's soccer, not exactly a sport known for back bumps & head drops. So yeah, it's far too early to say it's nothing too serious. At this point medical opinion seems to lean that any concussion is a pretty big deal.

So where could Ryback go? TNA probably won't be around, Japan doesn't seem like a good fit neither does LU, which isn't filming for a while anyways. Mexico is broke from what various guys have said.

12 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

How would Meltzer know what Vince said in the meeting? I assume it would be Vince and Ryback in the meeting.  If Ryback was told to go home I don't think the first thing he would do is run to Dave Meltzer to tell him, and I'm sure Vince didn't tell him either.

This can;t be a serious post.  Dave Meltzer has only been reporting backstage wrestling news for over 30 years and has an amazing rate of accuracy over those years.....but how would he know what was said in the meeting.  He's a reporter......with tons  of backstage sources in very high positions.....that's his job.  

• Like 2

FWIW, two or three years ago Meltzer frequently kept reporting on stuff that wasn't true or didn't come to pass, i.e. he was being played by whoever his source was at that time. That seems to have died down recently. 

As for Ryback, I can't remember if it was on Jericho's or Austin's podcast, but he talked about how he strongly believes in the Secret and his power of positivity would will him towards being on top of the WWE. Good luck with that.

1 hour ago, paintedbynumbers said:

How would Meltzer know what Vince said in the meeting? I assume it would be Vince and Ryback in the meeting.  If Ryback was told to go home I don't think the first thing he would do is run to Dave Meltzer to tell him, and I'm sure Vince didn't tell him either.

That's probably not a direct quote.  Also, it's safe to say that word about what happened during the meeting went around backstage, and trickled down to Dave.

Or maybe Dave and Vince are the same person.  I mean, I've never seen them in thesame room together.

• Like 2

I feel like if it was true, Ryback would be pissed and the first thing he might do is call Meltzer. It's the only way to get his side of the story out. Not that it does him any good, but he's on his way home anyway.

Weird statement in that one quote: 

"Last night at Payback, Ryback, in Chicago did a C.M. Punk ring entrance, likely mocking Punk ..."

As in, there could be other reasons why Ryback would do a CM Punk entrance.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, nate said:

"Last night at Payback, Ryback, in Chicago did a C.M. Punk ring entrance, likely mocking Punk ..."

He's clearly a closet Punk mark.

• Like 1

Indie stuff in my area for the month of May:

-Saturday 5/7: Dynamo Pro Wrestling in St. Louis, MO (afternoon/Cinco De Mayo festival), Dynamo Pro Wrestling in Fenton, MO (evening); Stride Pro Wrestling in Marion, IL
-Saturday 5/14: World League Wrestling in Troy, MO (Ricky Steamboat appearing); Mid-Missouri Wrestling Alliance in St. Louis, MO; World Powerhouse Wrestling in Kampsville, IL
-Friday 5/20: St. Louis Anarchy in Alton, IL
-Saturday 5/21: St. Louis Anarchy in Alton, IL; Southern Illinois Championship Wrestling in East Carondelet, IL
-Sunday 5/22: Wrestling Invades America in Swansea, IL
-Saturday 5/28: Dynamo Pro Wrestling in St. Louis, MO (Ready Room)

2 hours ago, nate said:

Edit: Removed my response because I'm not sure what you mean.