DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2016 - MAY

Dolfan in NYC

Thor drops the hammer on the Nats!!! Scherzer wasn't quite as good tonight as he was the last time he pitched at Citi Field. 

Brewers Chase Anderson went from having a perfect game through 6 or 7(I forget), to having a no-hitter, to having a 1-hitter going into the 9th(never had a CG) to being down to one out away from it and he immediately gives up back-to-back homeruns to Jason Heyward and Kris Bryant, so is pulled for our closer who shuts out the lights. If they'd left him in, I guarantee we'd have lost.

Coming back from breaks this year, SportsNet LA has been showing lots of pictures of the old-time Dodgers, and Vin just gets to talking about Campanella or Newk or Snider or Don Zimmer and it is so much fun to hear him talking about those guys and teams. The love in his voice for the game makes me smile through all nine innings, even when LAD is getting boatraced.

Edited by grilledcheese
  • Like 1

The only thing that struck me as weird about the Texas/Blue Jays suspensions was John Gibbons getting three games and Texas' manager getting nothing, but overall I don't really see anything to complain about. Hell, Josh Donaldson got zero and he did a run in more violent than most of RAW.

38 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

The only thing that struck me as weird about the Texas/Blue Jays suspensions was John Gibbons getting three games and Texas' manager getting nothing, but overall I don't really see anything to complain about. Hell, Josh Donaldson got zero and he did a run in more violent than most of RAW.

Quoting a TSN story

Gibbons got three games because he’s a repeat offender. This isn’t the first time Gibbons has re-entered the playing field after being ejected earlier in a game.

Also Gibbons had an automatic one game suspension coming due to him being ejected after his pitcher threw a someone after warnings were issued 

Yes...Bannister coming out unscathed is pretty shocking. And Bautista getting suspended is BS, especially after Utley got away with no games missed after his dirty slide. And Utley didn't get punched.

Bautista could have easily gotten 3 games.  An illegal slide, he's a repeat offender, and the only reason he didn't connect with a pinch is that Odor was quicker with his.  He basically instigated the whole fight.

6 hours ago, Infinit said:

Yes...Bannister coming out unscathed is pretty shocking. And Bautista getting suspended is BS, especially after Utley got away with no games missed after his dirty slide. And Utley didn't get punched.

You not believing that Bautista should get a suspension is pretty homerish of you. As noted, he admitted to be out to get someone, it's his second offense on the slide rule and if not for that slide, he doesn't get grilled by Odor.

Utley didn't catch a suspension because Torre tried to enforce a rule that hadn't yet been written and knew that Utley would win his appeal. I said that a suspension was likely warranted when it happened, and I would have no problem had he been disciplined. The only reason he didn't is because there were slides just as bad if not worse and with similar endings that brought no talk of discipline or rule changes or anything like that. National TV has a whole lot more eyes on it than a PIT - CHC day game 3 weeks earlier that Kang's leg gets broken in.

I'm waiting for a guy running to second to literally just Joshi dropkick the guy tagging the base to prevent a throw at this point.

• Like 1

Cubbies lose 2 of 3 to Milwaukee's crack team of loyal dregs. Even without Braun and Lucroy today. Ignore that we did not face Lester or Arrieta.

9 minutes ago, elizium said:

Historians in a thousand years are going to be really confused as to why all these cities kept replacing perfectly good Colosseums with new ones after only 20 or so years.

Among a thousand other things . . .

• Like 2

On 5/18/2016 at 2:25 PM, Tabe said:

Bautista could have easily gotten 3 games.  An illegal slide, he's a repeat offender, and the only reason he didn't connect with a pinch is that Odor was quicker with his.  He basically instigated the whole fight.

Ehhh I wouldn't say he instagated the whole fight.  Odor tried to start something with Donaldson the week before in Toronto when he felt he was tagged too hard

12 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Watching the Yankees/A's game, and known wrestling fan Josh Reddick comes to bat with Cena's theme as his walk-up music. 

Josh Reddick also broke his thumb last night sliding into 2nd so he is as fragile as Cena

(Early timetable is that he will be out 4-6 weeks)