DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2016 - MAY

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, KidNatural said:

I would like MLB to go the way of the NBA and suspend players one game for stepping on the field in a fight. If a guy charges the mound, then only the teammates in the game can go on the diamond. None of this rushing on the field from the bullpen bullshit.

During the NHL game tonight, Doc Emerick mentioned the brawl and mocked MLB by mentioning that the NHL legislated bench-clearing brawls out of existence 30 years ago. I'm amazed baseball hasn't done something similar. 

18 minutes ago, Tabe said:

During the NHL game tonight, Doc Emerick mentioned the brawl and mocked MLB by mentioning that the NHL legislated bench-clearing brawls out of existence 30 years ago. I'm amazed baseball hasn't done something similar. 

It's common sense. If you charge the mound and no one can back you up then these embarrassing "fights" would disappear. This one is different, but you don't need every player on the roster participating in these dog and pony shows.

16 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I almost feel like they put Matt Bush in that situation almost to prove his loyalty to the team

"Okay "rookie" - prove you are one of us"

I agree. The guy couldn't be farther removed from the situation, and they make him light the fire. I got a pretty good laugh out of that.

On the plus side, he picked up his first W. I hope he kept the ball he threw for the HBP as a souvenir.

10 hours ago, KidNatural said:

It's common sense. If you charge the mound and no one can back you up then these embarrassing "fights" would disappear. This one is different, but you don't need every player on the roster participating in these dog and pony shows.

Brian Snitker's going to lead them to the World Series this year, you'll see. Oh, 62 Mets, I thought you said 69 Mets.

Cubs signed Joe Nathan to a major league deal - immediately put him on the 60 day DL

It almost seems more like a move to keep him away from other contenders than for themselves

But whatever

43 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Cubs signed Joe Nathan to a major league deal - immediately put him on the 60 day DL

It almost seems more like a move to keep him away from other contenders than for themselves

But whatever

41 y/o Joe Nathan that had TJ surgery last year wasn't going to be helping any team this season, or any other team in the future. 

4 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Rougned Odor's punch has been scored an "8" on the Games Suspended scale. 

Why do you hate everyone else's posts?

29 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Because the person who posted it is a dirty Canadian.   :(

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr - I'm Irish

Joey Bats gets a game for his role in everything. Nothing for Pillar and Donaldson. Andrus gets 1 game. Gibbons and Chavez get 3 games a piece

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr - I'm Irish

President Trump tells me the wall with Ireland just got 10 feet higher!

• Like 1

I'm watching the Indians right now and it kind of hit me one of the reasons Vin Scully is so much better than everyone else apart from just knowing lots of interesting stuff.  He doesn't "explain" things.  I'm so tired of being told that someone got a hit because he brought his hands close to his body and got the barrel around on that what a nice inside out swing but he really needs to work on his shoulders.....STOP IT!

Even if all that stuff is true, which it's probably not, what difference does it possibly make to me?  It's like every game is three hours with the most pompous knowitall on earth.

or telling me why the team is starting to get some wins is because they're hitting with runners in scoring position, like they only just thought of trying that...it doesn't matter. I don't care why anything is happening especially given that any one guy's explanation is 999% made up.

Just tell me a little about the guy.  What happened.  What's happening.  How it might be interesting to remember something else that happened with the same guy.

Vin never pretends to know why anything happened the way it did.  He's just amused that it worked out that way and lets us enjoy it as a thing that happened rather than an excuse for a tutorial.

I blame John Madden.

• Like 2