DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2016 - MAY

Dolfan in NYC

7 hours ago, Tabe said:

ESPN talking head Eduardo Perez defended Bautista by saying Odor hit him with the baseball in his hand. You know, the baseball that was 100 feet away behind first base. 

Eric Byrnes flipped out last night on MLB Network about how Odor dropped down and clearly tried to drill Bautista with the throw so I am assuming Perez was trying to make a similar claim

My favorite kind of baseball fight, when one guy thinks it is a baseball fight and the other guy thinks it is a regular old fight.  Never pick a fight with someone if you aren't ready to fight, that is a quick way to get your ass beat.

After tossing eight shutout innings and helping the Pirates beat the Cubs for the first time in their last eight tries, (Gerrit) Cole doubled down on his performance.

When a reporter posed the question that Cole just shut down the best team in baseball, the Pirates pitcher politely corrected the statement:

"It's just an opportunity to salvage the series," Cole said. "I don't really think they're the best team in baseball."

35 minutes ago, Infinit said:

What else is he supposed to say? Maybe the NL should just concede the pennant to the Cubs because they have the best record for the first 6 weeks of the season lol. 

The Cubs are 5-1 against the Pirates so far, outscoring them 38-13 in the process. If you're saying they aren't the best team in baseball, your club is REALLY going to get assaulted over the pinball machine by the one that is.

As Denny Green said, if you want to crown them, then crown them lol.

I just like the fact that Cole didn't concede anything. Too much baseball left to be played to say who is the best. Are the Cubs the best team for the first 6 weeks of the season? Sure. Will that last until the end of October? Only time will tell.

• Like 1

Just now, Infinit said:

I'm pretty sure it was Joey Bats that delivered the knockout blow to the Rangers when it mattered last October lol

I agree, that bat flip is probably my favorite baseball moment ever, and I don't give two shits about the Rangers, Blue Jays or any team not in Cleveland(my favorite team) or Washington(The games I go to).  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Eric Byrnes flipped out last night on MLB Network about how Odor dropped down and clearly tried to drill Bautista with the throw so I am assuming Perez was trying to make a similar claim

Not at all.  Perez was claiming a loaded fist.

Byrnes is a moron.  Odor wasn't trying to hit him with the throw.

7 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

You'd need Andre sized hands to use a baseball as a foreign object.

Only if you need to completely hide it for some reason.  To just hit somebody with it?  Not so much.

5 hours ago, Infinit said:

The way I saw it, Odor took a swing and his teammate immediately restrained Bautista before he could retaliate. Sounds like a bitch move to me 

The bitch move was Dyson sucker punching the Jays bullpen catcher during the skirmish. Anyway the George Bell karate kick on Bruce Kison followed by the 1-2 to the catcher is the winner 

• Like 1

I would like MLB to go the way of the NBA and suspend players one game for stepping on the field in a fight. If a guy charges the mound, then only the teammates in the game can go on the diamond. None of this rushing on the field from the bullpen bullshit.

12 hours ago, Infinit said:

Odor took his best shot, and landed a clean hard shot...and did it drop Joey Bats? No it didn't. So Odor must not throw that hard a punch lol. 

He was visibly wobbled and if not for his countrymen it could have been a lot worse for him.