DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2016 - MAY

Dolfan in NYC

20 minutes ago, Ryan said:

I just looked at that coat, and didn't think that was the one because on TV it looked so puffy. Thank you very much for looking for it, much appreciated.

As swagtastic as that leather is, I'd have to kick my own ass for spending the equivalent of three car payments on a jacket. Also, owning the world's silliest leather jacket seems like a move you make when you are an old man with pension money to burn. Kind of like those all over print Tommy Bahama MLB shirts. Not something I think a guy in his late thirties should be rocking.

Hey, check their site, they have another leather one that's all black with the words and logo in black as well. That seems kind of stupid. BLACK ON BLACK, I don't care if I can't read it without a spotlight! It's Black and a Slightly Darker Black.

productImages%2F_2294000%2Fff_2294946_fuff_2294946alt2_full.jpgff_2294946alt3_full.jpg

• Like 1

I'll keep hunting. Maybe I'll get lucky and find a deadstock Starter parka. A few years ago, Majestic made these really dope full length parkas that you'd see the bullpen guys wear on East Coast swings late in the season. I should have pulled the trigger on it then, but I am all about the procrastination when it comes to buying things I don't actually need.

That black on black jacket is the absolute worst. I hate merchandise for teams that doesn't represent the team colors at all. All those stupid New Era caps in 8 zillion different colors, that shit drives me nuts.

• Like 1

Gary Cohen losing his mind on the call is so the best part of this. You'd think Big Sexy just won the World Series or something.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

I doubt there is a record for the oldest fat man to hit a home run but chances it is either Babe Ruth or Bartolo Colon. Yes Bartolo Colon the pitcher hit a homer for the Mets.   :lol:

Ruth was done at 40, so  I guess its Bartolo . . . . .

Where in the history of pro sports does the Bartolo HR rank? Seriously that was the greatest thing ever, best part was he did it in front of the traveling 7 Line Army.

Bryce Harper has been walked 6 times in this game. Only needs one more for record and he would have had it already if he wasn't hit by the pitch.  I mean it has been a good strategy but come on Maddon tell your pitchers to grow a set  <_<

37 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Bryce Harper has been walked 6 times in this game. Only needs one more for record and he would have had it already if he wasn't hit by the pitch.  I mean it has been a good strategy but come on Maddon tell your pitchers to grow a set  <_<

Scoreboard. Pretty clear the Cubs entire mindset this series was: "The Nats might beat us, but Bryce Harper won't" 

And they were rewarded with a sweep.

Their solution is to put Murphy behind him and swap Zimmerman there. I'm not sure that's going to change much.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I am amused that now the Braves are thinking they need to "give Fredi more time"

Was there a vote of confidence made?  I heard all the swirling rumors that today would be the day they replace Fredi with Eddie Perez.