DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2016 - MAY

Dolfan in NYC

Nah, that's the old Cena, if he's like the current one he'll be off filming a reality show, show up for a pinch hit in 3 months and then go on to host the People's Choice Awards or something before coming back for the stretch run.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Josh Reddick also broke his thumb last night sliding into 2nd so he is as fragile as Cena

(Early timetable is that he will be out 4-6 weeks)

and I dropped him in the two fantasy leagues I had him 

2 hours ago, Ryan said:

Nah, that's the old Cena, if he's like the current one he'll be off filming a reality show, show up for a pinch hit in 3 months and then go on to host the People's Choice Awards or something before coming back for the stretch run.

Don't forget a string of Today Show co-host spots. 

On 5/21/2016 at 9:06 AM, RIPPA said:

CC becomes the 8th pitcher in the modern earn 100 victories for 2 different teams.

Don't forget his eleven as a Brewer~! ...

I turned on the PIT - COL game this morning just in time to see Vogelsong get HBP in the face. He went down and stayed down for a couple minutes, but got up and onto the cart on his own, then they got him right in the ambulance.

It got him just under the earflap, looked like in the cheek or just under the temple. Pretty scary stuff, but it looked like he will be ok.

Holy shit. Bad news. I hope it turns out to be just an orbital fracture or something and there's no damage to the eye itself. If it's anything more serious than a fracture, that's probably the end of his career, not real likely a 38 year old guy bothers with attempting a comeback after something like this.

Here's hoping it ends up being relatively minor.

The Brewers team ERA has dropped a bunch , but we simultaneously startd scoring less due to many reasons. Injuries, sucking, more sucking. If this team was remotely consistent we would have a winning record right now with our hodgepodge of random guys off waivers.

Someone please tell me it's going to get better with Heyward. The defense is there, but other than that, he doesn't much resemble one of my favorite players before this season.

It isn't right now, which is what has me concerned. I've watched nearly every game this season and he's constantly pressing or hacking. I'm hoping it's something that can be fixed.

• Like 1

Ignore that blank mess above. I hate this new board software. 

Re: Heyward - He's been terrible this year but, let's be honest here, he never been more than a slightly-above-average hitter, other than his rookie year, anyway. 

Alex Wood gets scratched from tomorrow's start against NYM, Dodgers announce they are promoting Julio Urias to go in his place. Wood is going to pitch Monday in Chicago, so Urias likely doesn't stick around the rotation long, perhaps only the one start. I figure he'll see most of his use come from bullpen innings in order to baby him a little bit.

He's in the middle of a 27 IP scoreless streak at AAA, so he's definitely on top of his game right now. Looking forward to see what he does against an MLB lineup. When he got promoted to AAA last year, he got shellacked, something like 9 ER in less than 5 innings across two starts. Here's hoping his debut in the Bigs doesn't bring him the same.