DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2016 - MAY

Dolfan in NYC

I hope the dude does well for himself. Not on the mound, although that would be super great as well. Just that he keeps himself out of trouble for the most part, and if he relapses then I hope he can get himself back into a good place mentally and get past it.

Even making it back this far is a huge deal, and I'm glad to see it happen.

Listening to Vin Scully makes even another sad trombone 3-hits-through-eight-innings Cardinals game tolerable.

It makes me imagine how much better everything in life would be if he was just there to talk you through it.  Seven more months of election politics?  Easy.  Vin will make it flutter by like a May rain shower by talking about Sadaharu Oh.

• Like 2

His whole rap about how much he loved to watch Musial is the stuff I'm going to miss. He still calls a fantastic game, although his age is definitely showing over the last few years. The beautiful way he just weaves the ongoing game into what feels like a one on one conversation has always done it for me. The first game I remember watching, he was calling. 

How the hell do you say his first name.

Edit: ROOG-ned oh-DORE

Edited by Ryan
Thanks Baseball Reference!

11 minutes ago, Tabe said:

One of the all-time great punches in basebrawl history, non-sucker punch division. 

Still not as good as Ray Knight on Eric Davis though.

44 minutes ago, sabremike said:

Still not as good as Ray Knight on Eric Davis though.

LOL, no way. Davis had both arms pinned and Knight still barely made him flinch. Joey Bats is 50lb bigger than Odor and got ROCKED. 

ESPN talking head Eduardo Perez defended Bautista by saying Odor hit him with th he baseball in his hand. You know, the baseball that was 100 feet away behind first base.