DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2016 - MAY

Dolfan in NYC

It's the exact same excuse that a lot of guys come up with, but he provided the league with whatever the medicine was that contained the substance, so it seems a little more on the up and up than others. Not much, but I hold it in a little more regard than everyone else that says pretty much the same thing.

Josh Ravin just caught an 80 gamer for PEDs, had the same excuse, except he didn't have anything to verify his (likely) bullshit statement.

Considering it's an OTC product sold in the DR, are we really sure it would list all its ingredients truthfully?

Clenbuterol is on the "provide us with some evidence how it happened, and your suspension is reduced" list; in addition to the reduced suspension, Mondesi is still eligible for the postseason.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

So Harper got a game AND fined

Baseball is infuriatingly stupid

That's what I was saying. There's no way the ump could even hear him in the first place to get ejected. Then you take that, combined with the stupid MLB rulebook which doesn't specify when an ejection ends, and you get this bullshit. 

The Brewers are going to win the central this year, just you wait, you heard it from Craig H first. *cough*

This stupid team has scored an average of 4.7 Runs Per Game which is enough to have a winning record with a team with a nominal pitching staff. We have the ninth most runs scored in the entire league. Our team ERA currently sits at robust 5.48, MLB average is about 4. Damn this team. We have a whopping 8 quality starts, yet 14 wins, the Braves have 11, but 7 wins. This isn't hard to figure out who isn't holding up their end of things.

3 hours ago, Infinit said:

Bases loaded and one out, Storen did a great job to get out of that jam.

He sure did, and then Tepera in the same situation in the 13th doesn't even bother to throw a pitch over the plate and gives it away with the BB on 4 pitches.

9 hours ago, Joe Lucia said:

It's not even the top five highest game scores of the year, which is...well, it shows what a season of great pitching we've had already.

Giving up two home runs will do that to you

Cubs dropped both ends of yesterday's doubleheader to San Diego for their first two-game skid of the season... the 1929 Philadelphia A's were the last team to go that long before dropping 2 in a row.

The first one he hit was a mistake by Maeda. Fastball on the heart of the plate that Syndergaard just mashed. The second one was far more impressive, as he went down and got a slider away, which has been Maeda's bread and butter this year.

His next AB was pretty great, in the 6th he came up with the bases loaded and was squaring up and fouling off a handful of pitches and then Hatcher K'd him. The one in the 8th wasn't anything special, but the crowd was interesting. You could tell they wanted to see him get a hold of another one, but they still popped huge when Blanton struck him out.

Scully had been talking about what a terrible hitter he had been so far this year when he ripped the first one, I always enjoy when the timing lines up for that sort of stuff. Except for Ozzie's LH HR against LAD in the 85 NLCS. Fuck that HR.

Kershaw with another motherfucker of a line. 13 K, 3 H, 1 BB CG SO. First pitcher in franchise history dating back to 1913 with double digit K's in 5 straight starts. I don't know why it only goes back that far, I would suppose because the records before that are incomplete.

Bartolo got beat up on early, 4 in the 1st and 1 more in the 2nd, then settled down and kept LAD in check. 

We live in a glorious time that all this fantastic pitching is out there for us to enjoy. I love that on any given day I can watch Fernandez or Kershaw or King Felix or Arrieta just slice and dice a lineup. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, grilledcheese said:

Bartolo got beat up on early, 4 in the 1st and 1 more in the 2nd, then settled down and kept LAD in check. 

Coming off an epic performance where he went way over his normal steps limit, it was probably expected for him to be a little gassed in his next start.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Matt Bush has finally made the major leagues

The Rangers called him up (and sent down Delino DeShields kid)

List of "#1 overall picks who missed the majors" just got one shorter.