DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2016 - MAY

Dolfan in NYC

30 minutes ago, TimWresPowr said:

Was there a vote of confidence made?  I heard all the swirling rumors that today would be the day they replace Fredi with Eddie Perez.

One of the MLB.com guys was saying that because Inciarte is returning and that the Braves' upcoming schedule is favorable that they will let him manage through that.

Fredi tried to force their hand last week but he doesn't realize his only leverage is to resign, which would help the team greatly.

He's a shitty tactical manager like Cox was, but is the compete opposite in terms of personality. Cox had a stick of dynamite up his ass and was a fantastic leader of men. Fredi might as well be a corpse sitting in the dugout.

It's a day later and people are still complaining about Harper getting walked a ton. Maybe complain about how worthless Zimmerman was?

The Nats deserve Dusty for not understanding the value of getting a free base. 

This is Mike Rizzo's biggest gamble. It's either going to be a coup or a disaster. No real middle ground here.

Also, you could realistically make the case that the best FA SP next winter is Bartolo Colon.

Kazmir and Shields are certain to opt out now if they stay healthy.

JT Realmuto just turned a 2 R HR into an RBI 1B after passing Marcell Ozuna on the basepaths. Ozuna was going back to tag, I guess thinking that the ball was going to be caught, but it landed just over the wall in that monstrosity of a HR feature out in LCF.

7 hours ago, Dewar said:

Bartolo's home run, followed by the slowest rounding of the bases ever, was fantastic. Bless you, oh fat Bartolo.

He's always been deceptively stocky, these last few years he's just owned it. He was positively svelte as a rookie. He's 5'11" and listed at 185ish on his rookie card. I see him listed around 265 now. At this rate, when he is 62 he'll be 345. I want to see him in some slow pitch softball leagues at that age.

colonbow.jpg

David Ortiz charged an ump and hasn't gotten suspended.

The standard is one game for BUMPING an ump so I am not sure why y'all think Harper is getting a multiple game suspension (let alone a suspension at all)

Guys swear at umps every single day

9 hours ago, RIPPA said:

David Ortiz charged an ump and hasn't gotten suspended.

The standard is one game for BUMPING an ump so I am not sure why y'all think Harper is getting a multiple game suspension (let alone a suspension at all)

Guys swear at umps every single day

I have a friend who is a scorer for MLB games and I asked him what he though. He said Harper will receive a suspension because he broke a rule. He was ejected from the game and re-entered the field of play before the game was over.

EDIT: (d)(4.07) to be exact

Except the game was over....

And John Farrell was still in the dugout (after being ejected) when Ortiz went crazy, went onto the field to get Ortiz

Farrell hasn't heard a peep from MLB about suspension or even a fine. 

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

Except the game was over....

And John Farrell was still in the dugout (after being ejected) when Ortiz went crazy, went onto the field to get Ortiz

Farrell hasn't heard a peep from MLB about suspension or even a fine. 

Bryant crossed onto the field before the player crossed home plate.

There is also no definition as to when an ejection ends. It largely will depend on Joe Torre, but the feeling is that he'll be suspended because Torre is a jerk and will say the game was not officially over because the player hadn't crossed the plate yet.

I agree with you. The game was over. He'll likely get fined or suspended though, because MLB is dumb.

25 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Was 80, reduced to 50 because it was in a cold medicine he was taking. If that's legit, I don't think the suspension should stand.

It'll stand because of the belief that athletes are responsible for knowing what they put in their bodies.  It's not that hard to read a label for cold medicine, these guys are all given lists of what is banned.