DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2016 - MAY

Dolfan in NYC

Since April is already locked, even though I have 75 minutes left in the month here in California, I will come here to lament about LAD dropping their sixth straight. To the motherfucking Pads, no less!! Stripling gives up 5 ER, and down they go.

Luckily, the NL West is absolute dogshit right now with not a single goddamn team at .500 or better. LAD and SFG sit "atop" the division with records of 12-13.

Edited by grilledcheese

Cubs are 17-5. They might be the best hitting, best pitching, best fielding, and best baserunning team in baseball so far. They had a +79 Run Differential in 22 games. They had a +81 Run Differential all of last season when they won 97 games. All of this with only 3 regulars batting above .250.

I just... what?

15 hours ago, El Dragon said:

Cubs are 17-5. They might be the best hitting, best pitching, best fielding, and best baserunning team in baseball so far. They had a +79 Run Differential in 22 games. They had a +81 Run Differential all of last season when they won 97 games. All of this with only 3 regulars batting above .250.

I just... what?

The Phillies are 15-10.

The Phillies.

...after starting the season 0-4.

You have nothing to be surprised about..

@grilledcheese I share in your lament. I'm not saying they should be 22-3 just because of who all is on their massive payroll, but geez you'd think a winning record going into May wouldn't have been a problem.

41 minutes ago, zev said:

@grilledcheese I share in your lament. I'm not saying they should be 22-3 just because of who all is on their massive payroll, but geez you'd think a winning record going into May wouldn't have been a problem.

Yeah, same page. Obviously, the expectations of a payroll like theirs are super high, but I think this looks to be the best team they have fielded in the last couple of years. When Ethier gets back, they can sit Crawford and all the bumblefuck OF play that comes with him. 

Kershaw plays stopper today, CG SO, 14 K, 3 H, no BB. Oh, and he drove in the games only run. That fucking dude is otherworldly. He was perfect until 2 outs in the 5th, when Alexei Ramirez singled down the line in RF, tried to stretch it and got hosed by Puig on a throw he never even came set on. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rocco said:

Is Jered Weaver hurt or what ?  

His velocity has been steadily dropping for years, but it's finally in the dumpster this season. I don't think he's actually "hurt" as much as "old and declining"

19 hours ago, Hamhock said:

More PED suspensions coming, apparently...

Gammons hinted at this days or even a week ago and still nothing. The rumblings are getting louder, but it seems like it has gone from multiple suspensions to one person getting popped.

How stupid do you have to be to fail one of these tests? Seriously, anyone with even a cursory knowledge of these things has to know which stuff will get you popped and what won't.

• Like 1