DVDVR Message Board

2016 NBA Playoffs: QUARTERFINALS

Dolfan in NYC

Jesus, this series is going to be fun for all the wrong reasons.   

I don't think I've cursed that loudly since... well, when did the Heat last play?

Don't have the game on, but I was looking at the stats and I was like "How do the Raptors have twice as many shot attempts as the Heat?"

Miami had 11 turnovers in the first quarter is why.

sigh

edit: to be clear, this was because in a tied game with 10 seconds left, the Raptors decided to give the ball to the guy putting on an all-time worst playoff shooting performance, let him dick around at halfcourt and then shoot for 3.  I don't care if he hit a halfcourt shot in game 1.

Firs time regular season Kyle Lowry showed up in the post-season. Valanciunas was playing out of his mind before going down with injury too. Hopefully both he and Whiteside aren't out for long but Hassan's knee sprain doesn't sound good. 

The NBA needs to do the right thing and suspend Dwayne Wade one game for disrespecting the Canadian National anthem. Abdul-Rauf got a game for disrespecting the American anthem back in the day...a rule is a rule. 

I hate that anthems are played prior to every sporting event but, yeah, that was blatant and the uproar if a foreign player did that during the American anthem would be way strong.

Fuck Duhwyane Wade btw. Baby back bitch.

• Like 1

Valanciunas is out for the series, I hear.  Ouch.  He was balling that one will hurt.  I haven't heard the news on Whiteside yet.

In other news, the Cavs advanced.  The Hawks actually gave a good effort this game but the offense was basically was just Schroder in the final 4 minutes.

Realistically, the Hawks played pretty well for long stretches of this series. The Cavs just played better, and when the Hawks didn't play well, they REALLY didn't play well. This was a weird series for Atlanta. Why did they never adjust? Was this a coaching issue? Did Bud just actively say "Keep doing what we planned, it will eventually work?" It seems like he has players that are willing to make changes. 

Still my favorite post ever on this board...  

"It's not really the NBA Playoffs until Lebron sweeps the Hawks out."

Amare needs to step the fuck up while Whiteside is recovering or this is going to be over quick. Though I get the sense Hassan is going to hurry himself back because you don't earn a max contract when you're sitting on the bench for the playoffs. 

That Thunder/Spurs game reminded me of how old Thunder/Spurs game played out before the Spurs reupped on talent. Thunder with more energy and hot shooting at the end. The Spurs guys (Leonard & Aldridge at least) were probably gassed because they missed open shots. I think Leonard played most, if not all of the 2nd half.  

I'm not sure if Duncan is done or if he's just not a good fit for this series. Pop is barely playing him and he's not doing much.