DVDVR Message Board

2016 NBA Playoffs: QUARTERFINALS

Dolfan in NYC

Really hyped up for this OKC-SA matchup. Because the Grizz were decimated by injuries, the first round didn't really feel like the playoffs in San Antonio. I like the idea of getting the worst possible draw last year in the first round because of the division rankings to getting the easiest 1st round opponent this year. 

Until the final buzzer of the last game goes off, I  won;t discount the Thunder. However, Charles Barkley was right... whatever happened to them tonight was a mental breakdown. It's like they forgot that these games matter. 

• Like 1

I said it months ago in the regular season thread. Russ and KD are too good to discount them in any given game, but I just can't see that team taking a combined 8 wins against San Antonio and Golden State.

Granted, that was before Curry got hurt.

6 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I said it months ago in the regular season thread. Russ and KD are too good to discount them in any given game, but I just can't see that team taking a combined 8 wins against San Antonio and Golden State.

Granted, that was before Curry got hurt.

The worst thing that happened to the Thunder was outplaying the Clippers down the stretch. They could've limped in to the four seed, beaten a mediocre Portland team in 5, and then had 2 winnable road games against the Warriors minus Curry before going back home. 

55 sounds about right this season given the West falling off quite a bit. We just don't know how Klay would hold up to being the primary option every single night. This is a pretty darn good matchup for him as the Blazers won't bother him too much.

Portland might get one or even two, but no way can you convince me this is going to be a better series than the Clippers with a healthy Chris Paul/Blake G. Unfortunate.

The Thunder's pick and roll coverage was pretty bad against the Spurs.  They can't throw everything out from game 1.  The Spurs putting Danny Green and Kwahi Leonard on Westbrook at varies points in the game worked well.  Their length effected Westbrook's shots, but he did missed a decent amount of layups.  Maybe they'll go in Game 2.  The Thunder wasted a good offensive game from Ibaka too.