DVDVR Message Board

2016 NBA Playoffs: QUARTERFINALS

Dolfan in NYC

I really hope KD or another elite free agent likes artisanal donuts because I want some stud to join Dame/CJ so badly. What a great backcourt.

CJ and Mike Conley are going to go head-to-head for the next few years for the "we just don't have room for him but he belongs in the All-Star Game" status.

I'll give Portland all the credit in the world.  No way when this season started did I think they would not only make the playoffs and get out of the first round, but here they were against the statistically best team ever at home at death's door and they went down fighting.   Now we'll see if Portland was that good or Golden State is now that bad.

They really need to tighten up their perimeter defense with teams like the Spurs and Cleveland coming up.   Portland was awesome. CJ was most improved but man they lost 4 starters and brought in a few journeymen and that was basically it.   Won 44 games. Yes, got a lucky break in the first round but still..  very impressive.   CJ and Lillard are a nightmare.

5 hours ago, RolandTHTG said:

I can't see a situation where the Cavs don't sweep the conference finals. They are both awful.

It's really, really hard to win 12 games in a row, let alone 12 games against playoff teams. I don't hide my love for the Cavs, but they have won two games already where the other team had a good look at the buzzer to win. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they lost one like that on the road in the next round. 

Especially two relatively mobile bigs who bust ass on the glass and hustle back to snuff out fast breaks. I'm loving the Adams/Kanter combination. I hadn't really noticed how ordinary Ibaka has been defensively until this series (though I had read in here how big of a decline he'd suffered statistically). The Spurs were abusing him.

8 hours ago, Jrag said:

I'm not saying the Spurs are done, but Tim is.  That alone is enough to derail any title hopes. 

OKC going to a 2 center lineup was the best coaching move of this series.

I'm more concerned about Parker being done. Very predictable shot selection, hitting very few of them, no outside threat. Not only struggling personally, but making it harder for Green to be more effective from outside when they know Parker's not going to do shit from long range.

I'm actually quite jazz about about a potential Warriors-Thunder matchup.  I know most people were thirsting over Warriors/Spurs and for good reason, but Warriors-Thunder feels fresh and may have rivalry potential.  It has its share of hot-headed guys on both sides so I'm sure they will be a number of tense moments.  Plus, both teams have enough young, athletic players, which will equal super feats and lots of adrenaline rushes.  The benchmark for athletic, chaos should be high.

In reference to the Thunder, I only wonder about the last 4 minutes for OKC and the coaching in their matchup against the Spurs.  If the Thunder didn't screw up those parts up (and they did screw up a couple of times...the Spurs and refs were just worse at it), I thought they would have a shot.  They always give the Spurs trouble, even with the Spurs talent reupped.  I'm not so sure about their chances against the Warriors, but an injured Curry helps.

• Like 1

I'm not so sure that was a foul on Tim.  He just couldn't get any lift.  Sort of a sad moment. He had his best game of the playoffs though.

Kawhi's going to get a pass by the media even though he disappeared, isn't he? Durant and Roberson played some excellent D on him, but still.  He obviously still played great defensively, but man his shot selection was terrible.

58 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

2txGFop.jpg

Either my great uncle, Elliot, took over coaching duties for the Spurs or Popovich walked through a cloud of coal dust on the way to the game.

On 5/10/2016 at 4:21 PM, Brian Fowler said:

Unanimous MVP. First time ever.

Steph is a helluva player but is he really the League MVP?  Golden State manages to win with or without him in the line-up.  He is an amazing player on an amazing team.  How can he not put up numbers like that with such an ensemble around him?

Why not give the MVP award to a guy who really does drag his team kicking and screaming to victory in spite of themselves?  Is Curry still the MVP should the Warriors get beaten by the Cavs in the championships?  What if they can't get past the Thunder (yeah, I know that is reaching...)?

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Steph is a helluva player but is he really the League MVP?  Golden State manages to win with or without him in the line-up.  He is an amazing player on an amazing team.  How can he not put up numbers like that with such an ensemble around him?

Why not give the MVP award to a guy who really does drag his team kicking and screaming to victory in spite of themselves?  Is Curry still the MVP should the Warriors get beaten by the Cavs in the championships?  What if they can't get past the Thunder (yeah, I know that is reaching...)?

It's a regular season award. He had the best regular season. His team set an NBA record. They are significantly worse in games when he's not on the floor.