DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Phase III Movie Discussion Thread

RIPPA

No.  You know what, no.

Spoiler

I half-joke that Iron Man is in everything.  But fuck this.

Tony Stark is like fucking Kali.  His arms are EVERYWHERE in the damned MCU and EVERYONE is cleaning up his damned mess.   Enough.  

Let Peter Parker have his own god damned story. 

• Like 1

I don't mind Stark in this movie, simply because that gives Feige leverage to not let Sony Sony it up.

(I'm not sure why those are in spoilers, he was in the trailer. I'll put this in spoilers if y'all think it should be, though.)

• Like 1

The spoilers are there for people who don't want to know what Vulture's motivations are.  Which can be summarized as:

Spoiler

"Fuck Tony Stark".  

My problem is they should be "Fuck Peter Parker".  

Tony is quickly turning into the MCU's Poochie.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

The spoilers are there for people who don't want to know what Vulture's motivations are.  Which can be summarized as:

Reveal hidden contents

"Fuck Tony Stark".  

My problem is they should be "Fuck Peter Parker".  

Tony is quickly turning into the MCU's Poochie.

Honestly,

Spoiler

I think the whole point of the movie will be that villain motivations will shift from "Fuck Tony Stark" to "Fuck Peter Parker" as Spider Man makes his name as a big player in the New York super hero business.

While the Avengers are off saving the world, Spidey will pretty much be the guardian of the city or at least everything short of Hell's Kitchen.

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

Honestly,

Hide contents

I think the whole point of the movie will be that villain motivations will shift from "Fuck Tony Stark" to "Fuck Peter Parker" as Spider Man makes his name as a big player in the New York super hero business.

While the Avengers are off saving the world, Spidey will pretty much be the guardian of the city or at least everything short of Hell's Kitchen.

Uh huh.  Remember what Hell's Kitchen looks like:

Spoiler

mta-according-to-daredevil.jpg

As for that trailer, yes it looks good. Vulture looks phenomenal.  Makes me want to see what Feige can do with Goblin, Doc Ock, Electro, and even Venom. 

Tony's looking like a mentor-type, which has both good and bad implications, as I've said before.  And I really, really hope that isn't the final fight scene they just gave away in the trailer. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Uh huh.  Remember what Hell's Kitchen looks like:

Reveal hidden contents

mta-according-to-daredevil.jpg

I would strongly disagree if that wasn't also the opinion of people that live in Hell's Kitchen.

21 hours ago, Casey said:

Good trailer. Spider-Man: Homecoming is my most wanted MCU film this year. I do have concerns, Tony Stark in too long, Spider-Man not able to take care of business/make his own suit and gadgets. Spider-Man is fucking unmasked a number of times as well.

Stark being his mentor and what as of right now seems to be all over this film is not a good thing in my eyes.  He's becoming the Hulk Hogan of the MCU.  Two guys in a ring.. okay cool.. WHAT'S HOGAN UP TO?

A lot of the action looks like action straight out of the previous Sony movies.  I love Keaton and this new kid seems like he will be good so I do think it'll be a solid movie.

• Like 1

I agree with Dolfan. Criminals should be hating on Spider-man, not Spider-man by way of Tony Stark. I liked the trailer, but felt it gave away too much. Like, I think I would have been happier not knowing that Tony takes the suit away at some point, among other things. I'm sure I'll like it a ton and I love Iron Man, but not everything needs Iron Man in it.

Also, why is it that they constantly keep doing the "Spider-man shoots a bunch of webs to try and hold something together" spot? Except this time there's a twist: Iron Man has to bail Spidey out.

• Like 1

I have a theory the no mask thing started around the time of the first Spider-Man films and is some kind of producer thing that if their gonna pay an actor all this money they don't care if it's burnt Ryan Reynolds we're gonna see the actors face ALOT. 

Worst example of this is IM3 where we get Tony controlling the suits remotely for most all of the movie.

No, the worst example will forever be the Stallone Judge Dredd film. Whilst V for Vendetta got the mask thing exactly right.

• Like 4

On 3/31/2017 at 7:14 PM, AxB said:

No, the worst example will forever be the Stallone Judge Dredd film. Whilst V for Vendetta got the mask thing exactly right.

This man is correct

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Natural said:

Not keen on some things coming out of Spider-Man: Homecoming...

This be them **SPOILERS**

The Spider-Man suit made by Tony Stark is very high tech. There's a training wheels setting which causes restrictions, an onboard AI and Tony's has built webshooters into the suit with different webbing types.

20 minutes ago, The Natural said:

This be them **SPOILERS**

Hide contents

The Spider-Man suit made by Tony Stark is very high tech. There's a training wheels setting which causes restrictions, an onboard AI and Tony's has built webshooters into the suit with different webbing types.

I'm fine with this.

Spoiler

We already know Pete loses the suit, and I'm guessing even when he does get back in Stark's good grace he won't be given a suit with such power.

• Like 1

Spoiler

The way this is going the third act will be Peter getting his ass kicked in the homemade suit and Tony showing up in the Spidey suit and finishing Vulture.

"The truth is...I am Iron Man...and Spider-Man...Oh well, off to Wakanda to create and solve a problem there with help from some other guy." 

• Like 2