DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Phase III Movie Discussion Thread

RIPPA

I still assume that we get something similar to a "No more mutants" moment and that's our reset at the end of the movie. I still don't know how I feel about that. Is that a cop out? I mean, it's hard to go forward if Thanos succeeds. Something needs to reset the mess he's made and it doesn't appear that Death is in Infinity War...

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

So I asked my wife which death would bother her the most and she said she'd be devastated if Iron Man dies in Infinity War.  I didn't mention anything about RDJ being done after this knowing it would spoil things in some way.  But it looks like when it's his time it's going to be a rather somber ride home.  And all I can think is of all the characters she'd be devastated by seeing die it's gotta be the one that's likely to go.  I mean, if it was let's say Black Panther at least there's zero chance of that happening.  Yikes.

When the time comes for me it will be Tony Stark/Iron Man and probably more for Captain Steve Rogers/Captain America.

If anyone dies in iW, my money is on Loki and maybe Cap, Falcon or War Machine.  I don't think that Winter Solder gets a name change only to get snuffed in his first outing.

I have a feeling that they will pull the Pinocchio thing on the Vision and convert him more from android and closer to quasi -synthetic man in order to have him survive having the Soul Gem snatched from his forehead.

3 minutes ago, (BP) said:

I don't care about War Machine at all, but crippling him and then immediately following that up by wasting him is really dark. 

It would go a long way to showing that Thanos does not fuck around.

23 hours ago, Craig H said:

Umm, RDJ isn't done after this. He's very much in Avengers 4.

Shit, I thought for sure this was his last one.  I heard a bunch or rumors stating as such, something about him not wanting to be typecasted as just Tony Stark.  But allow me to wipe this egg off my face.

Loki is the most obvious death just from what has been shown in the trailers. I think Cap may be going down also (with Bucky or Sam getting the Shield either in post credits or Avengers 4). War Machine, Heimdall, Hawkeye, and Wong are also on my list of should be really worried. Vision will probably "die" but come back somehow since he's a sorta robot and all. And my dark horse choice would be Drax. Iron Man will make it to Avengers 4 but that will be his end. Though I think Avengers 4 might end with Wanda rebooting a bunch of stuff. 

People I think will die:

• Cap
  • Vision
  • The Nova Corps, like, all of them
  • Every Asgardian you know
  • Half the universe
  • Most of the Black Order
  • Black Widow

I almost want to throw Spider-Man in that mix as well.

Of course, I don't think any of this sticks. I think Wanda freaks the fuck out and we get a reset. The more I think of that, the more I don't like the idea.

I think Cap goes.

I could see them doing a Civil War arc where Cap dies in Infinity War and a letter is sent to Stark asking him to watch over Bucky and continue the Captain America moniker.  I do feel it could work given that I expect some sort of interaction between Stark/Bucky/Cap in this.

18 hours ago, Eivion said:

Supposedly Evans is done after Avengers 4 so Cap seems a certainty either in infinity War or the next one.

That's been recycling news on Yahoo since Winter Soldier.

I know he says that MCU swallows up quite a bit of his schedule, so maybe that's the reason he wants to bounce for fear that asking for time away to pursue other projects will put him in bad standing with the Disney / Marvel Money Making Machine?

He keeps saying cryptic things like get off the train before you're pushed..

18 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

I get a feeling a few people will barely make it out of IW only to buy it in A4.

My prediction is that Loki does some third act face turn noble sacrifice.

Third act? Loki won't make it past 30 minutes in this film.

On 3/22/2018 at 7:54 PM, Brian Fowler said:

I've been expecting Cap to die in this since Winter Soldier. You don't put in both guys who later replaced him for no reason.

I'm thinking Cap will carry on either with Bucky or Falcon but having to follow Chris Evans' work in the role. Damn.

On 3/22/2018 at 9:05 PM, Craig H said:

I wonder if this is Thor's swan song, which really sucks. It took them three movies to finally get the feeling of Thor right and now we probably won't get another like it.

I was talking with my best friend about the MCU characters breakthrough performance: Captain America in the Winter Soldier, Iron Man in the first film of his, Hulk's Avengers Assemble and Thor's Ragnarok.