DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Phase III Movie Discussion Thread

RIPPA

The first half of this is a trailer/preview dealie, the last two minutes are one uninterrupted fight scene. And, well:

Michael Keaton recently had a mildly spoilerific interview about the nature of The Vulture in the upcoming Spider Man:  Homecoming.

Spoiler

Keaton describes Adrian Toombs as a "normal joe" super villain.

Toombs makes his living as a scrap metal dealer that specializes in cleaning up after super hero battles and recovering the damaged or destroyed technology from those incidents.. 

Eventually he has some sort of ideological issue with Tony Stark and begins to sell salvaged tech from aliens and whatnot on the black market, but like Synapse from The Incredibles, he keeps the best stuff for himself and eventually has The Thinker incorporate some of the reverse engineered items into a series of battle armor sets for himself and his henchmen using the profits from his illegal trading activity to finance the research and development.

I dig the Easter Egg Tribute to the original Vulture costume in the form of Keaton's leather jacket.

Spiderman.jpg

Spoiler

I'm sure another super villain coming in the aftermath of Avenger messes with continue to unphase Cap as he continues his "I'm the only one who knows what's best for everyone" routine while not giving a solitary shit about the conquences of his actions.  And he'll gladly pass the buck to Tony.