DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Phase III Movie Discussion Thread

RIPPA

17 minutes ago, pipGofern said:

Marvel really has this whole "create an interesting villain" thing figured out. 

Well.. their overall track record on villains still stinks. But they've certainly gotten better recently. Thanos, Killmonger, Hela, and the Vulture were all great.

• Like 1

Yes,  Killmonger and Thanos were both great.   About the Doom stuff.  We may not be seeing that.  Reportedly,  Comcast is set to crash the party on this Disney deal with FOX.  They are discussing $60 billion CASH.  No offer has yet been made but this shit might get really interesting.  

1 hour ago, Contentious C said:

Well, "figured out" in the sense of "let's do the same villain several movies running", just like every single-character origin story movie is "protagonist versus funhouse-mirror-protagonist".

Wait, what? The villains of the last five Marvel movies were Ego, the Vulture, Hela, Killmonger, and Thanos. How were any two of them the same villain?

Meant to say "same style". The 'person with a terrifying plan who is convinced of its righteousness' trope has been overdone lately, and it could even be extended backwards to, oh, Ronan and nearly everyone since. Hela would be the lone exception there among decent villains; Darren Cross would skip that trope among the not-decent villains. 

This thread's beginning to remind me why I shuffled off the coil of Internet Talkings many moons ago.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Betsy Zeidler said:

1. Father

2. Father of girlfriend

3. Sister

4. Cousin

5. "Father" of Gamora

Everyone is related, yay!

What's a fella gotta do to get a Spiderman movie where the villain has no personal connection to Peter?

Of course I'm pretending Jamie Foxx as Electro never happened. As we all should. 

Feige said recently that Kamala Khan/Ms. Marvel will be introduced to the MCU, sometime after Captain Marvel comes out. That's fucking exciting. I look forward to Fox News losing their minds.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

I saw it a second time on Friday and I was surprised by how fast it went.  It didn’t feel long the first time, but it seemed to go by even faster the second time.  I’d happily go see it a third time.

Prob felt quick compared to the 2.5 hour Avengers movie. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...