DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Phase III Movie Discussion Thread

RIPPA

Chris Hemsworth said today that the line from the trailer "We know each other! He's a friend from work!" was suggested by a Make-a-Wish kid that was visiting the set that day. 

• Like 8

The shitty IW leaked trailer is still making its rounds on YouTube.

Spoiler
  • Why can't every movie feel this epic?
  • Thanks for spoiling the ending of Thor: Ragnarok.
  • Thanos needs to put his trademark helmet back on.

• Like 1

On 11/08/2017 at 11:45 AM, J.T. said:

The shitty IW leaked trailer is still making its rounds on YouTube.

Hide contents
  • Why can't every movie feel this epic?
  • Thanks for spoiling the ending of Thor: Ragnarok.
  • Thanos needs to put his trademark helmet back on.

Apparently the way they find Thor has nothing to do with Ragnarok.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 came out on DVD this week, the only MCU film I'd not seen. I liked parts of it, best thing in the film was the opening with Baby Groot's dance as the Guardians fought a monster. This was Yondu's film, he had the most interesting storyline. I'm not into this series as I am others.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 8:13 PM, odessasteps said:

Speaking of Ant-Man & The Wasp, in casting clarification news, Lawrence Fishburne will play William "Bill" Foster (Black Goliath), Hannah John-Kamen will play a female version of Ghost, Randal Park will play SHELD Agent, Jimmy Woo, and Walter Goggins will be Sonny Birch.

I'm kinda bummed that there will be no Lady Beetle as a foil for The Wasp and I think I'd have rather seen Goggins play some hilariously over the top version of a B-List villains from other character's rogues galleries like Plant-Man, Blizzard, or The Melter.

The Ant-Main movies are probably the only MCU avenue for villains like that, since everything not Guardians of the Galaxy is played up with relative seriousness.

10 hours ago, Cliff Hanger said:

Is Fishburne going to be in Ant-Man and Wasp? I thought he was only in Captain Marvel.

He is in the cast lists on IMDB and a few other sites for Ant Man &The Wasp, but he might not be playing a featured character.

Bill Foster might only appear in a mid-credit or post-credit scene tying Captain Marvel to the MCU.

11 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

It would make sense for him to be in Ant Man of all the movies, esp he was going to be Goliath and not just a scientist with an Easter Egg name. 

I agree since Foster and Pym both share the Pym Particle as the source of their powers.