DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Phase III Movie Discussion Thread

RIPPA

There's long term selling, and there's Tony Stark outdoing Cowboy Bob Orton Jr. by selling a hurt arm for a full decade.

When I saw her in Gone Girl I thought I had missed out on a great actress and so I wondered what other work she had done. I was super shocked to see that it was her first movie. She's awesome.

• Like 1

Meh sort of a dumb video to do all that MCU stuff and then in the middle of it goes on a Wolverine tangent.

Doesn't even mention Cap's "I can do this all day" line across two films that were released five years apart. 

Doesn't look like Tony was selling the arm for 10 years. If anything, that injury seems more recent and they only started addressing in Civil War and Homecoming. Homecoming only takes place months like some days and months after Civil War. 

Infinity War spoilers. Maybe? Either way, even if they're fake, don't click if you want to go into the movie knowing absolutely nothing. I'm not sure, none of it is verified and it's all coming from new accounts on Reddit, but all the information is mostly the same.

Spoiler

Loki dies in the first 10-20 minutes (like I predicted). Gamora sacrifices herself to Thanos to save some of the other heroes. Black Panther, Dr. Strange, Spider-Man, Bucky, Drax, Vision and some side characters all die, most due to the "snap".

Also, post-credits scene information. Which is "confirmed" to be true, but it's only a screenshot.

Spoiler

Fury contacts Cap, tells him he knows someone who can help them fight Thanos, presses a button on some kind of pager with Captain Marvel's logo on it, before he disintegrates into dust because of the Infinity snap.

Again, none of this could be true. Or it could all be true. You've been warned.

They aren’t spoiling anything that people who’ve seen the trailers can put together. Do they spoil the ending? Nope. They don’t even give specifics on much of anything.

Haven’t read the Forbes review, so maybe that one is spoiler heavy. But Variety’s isn’t at all, not even close to “weapons grade spoilers”.

3 minutes ago, Casey said:

They aren’t spoiling anything that people who’ve seen the trailers can put together. Do they spoil the ending? Nope. They don’t even give specifics on much of anything.

Haven’t read the Forbes review, so maybe that one is spoiler heavy. But Variety’s isn’t at all, not even close to “weapons grade spoilers”.

My response is based on EVA saying weapons grade. If that's not the case, then I take back what I said. But Disney did request that reviewers refrain from posting spoilers in their reviews as part of the embargo. 

1.  I haven't read the Variety review, because I'm avoiding spoilers.  I've just heard it spoken of in those terms on social media.

2.  I do know the Variety review initially ran without a spoiler warning, and it was only added after some outcry.

If Forbes really did an in-depth spoiler review, then yeah, fuck them. I’ll look at it later tonight. But I read the Variety review, and if I hadn’t already read spoilers on Monday night, and still read their review, I wouldn’t have much of anything spoiled for me. The general public might take issue with it, but for those of us that theorize on here and post other places like Reddit, it’s nothing we haven’t already known. Like I said, MAJOR plot points and spoilers aren’t in their review. So, good for them for not doing that.

Sucks they ran it without a spoiler warning initially, however.

On 4/24/2018 at 11:06 AM, The Unholy Dragon said:

One thing I noticed from the non-spoiler crowd is that this is apparently half a movie, so the rebrand is probably cosmetic only.

Apparently all action too. Pretty hyped.

So this really is split into two movies, with this part ending on a cliffhanger to be resolved in another film?  Or am I misunderstanding?

I don't like super hero movies all that much anyway,  If it ends on a "To be continued" note, I'll probably wait till it hits Redbox or Comcast.  If I really want a Marvel fix, I'll rent Civil War (which I still haven't seen).

1 hour ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

So this really is split into two movies, with this part ending on a cliffhanger to be resolved in another film?  Or am I misunderstanding?

I don't like super hero movies all that much anyway,  If it ends on a "To be continued" note, I'll probably wait till it hits Redbox or Comcast.  If I really want a Marvel fix, I'll rent Civil War (which I still haven't seen).

You'll find out this weekend.

• Haha 1

As much as I enjoyed it, I'm really concerned about the where to from here aspect.

Given so much of the original source material won't be covered here  - I feel like this has got Dark Phoenix tanks, X-Men get a Spiderman deal, and movie 2 gets hastily rewritten into a Juggernaut script with Patrick Stewart/Hugh Jackman saving the day written all over it.