DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Phase III Movie Discussion Thread

RIPPA

Holy fuck, I nearly shed a geek tear.

The clash of alpha male man-child egos between Star-Lord and Iron Man is the best.

The Black Order member that appears to be torturing Dr. Strange is Ebon Maw.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Reveal hidden contents

Captain-America-faces-Thanos-in-Infinity

Yep, that was the scene in the trailer that got me.

Spoiler

Thanos's Arn Anderson sell of Cap's Vibranum Gauntlets is the best.

WHY WON'T THIS KID STAY DOWN~?

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, J.T. said:

The Black Order member that appears to be torturing Dr. Strange is Ebon Maw.

Thank you for this. That two seconds messed me up. It was like I'd switched over to a trailer for a Clive Barker movie.

Star Lord is right.  Tony's plan sucks.

One of the things that Thanos wants is EMBEDDED IN THE SKULL OF ONE OF THE MEMBERS OF YOUR TEAM, ASSHOLE~!

I wonder how the recently displaced Asgardian guardians of the Tessaract and the Vision feel about being used as bait?

5 minutes ago, (BP) said:

Thank you for this. That two seconds messed me up. It was like I'd switched over to a trailer for a Clive Barker movie.

There are comic precedents there, despite Thanos' goons being relatively new characters.

c94321ce78015713a7ee2637d92f16ea.jpg

I'd argue that they likely won't go the entirely same route because Strange was very much at the end of a long fall at that point and he's on the rise here, but we'll see.

• Like 1

On 3/9/2018 at 10:55 AM, The Natural said:

New Avengers: Infinity War poster...

DX1F7LrV4AAaMgN.jpg

I honestly didn't even notice this until something came up on my Facebook feed yesterday.  Then I reviewed the EW covers ...

No Hawkeye?  Lolz!!!

They have Okoye, but no Hawkeye ... This makes me smile.

• Like 1

Hawkeye is alive and well, guys, and probably will be following Infinity War.

The Russo brothers recently insisted that Hawkeye has a “special spot” in the Marvel movie regardless of the mystery around his involvement.

Joe Russo told ScreenRant: “Hawkeye, coming out of Civil War, is in the same position that Cap and Falcon are at the end of that movie. And Ant-Man.

“And coming into this movie characters who were on Cap’s side coming out of the Civil War… Some made certain decisions and others made other decisions that led to different paths in them dealing with oversight in this movie in a different way.

“So Hawkeye’s on his own journey in this movie.”

You did not think you would be lucky enough to get rid of Hawkeye, did you?  Most likely they will do the whole better to live outside of the law thing with Hawkeye and have Renner transition into Ronin.

A repackaging of the gimmick.

Notice that Ant-Man is also not on the promotional poster, but will be in Ant-Man & The Wasp on July 6th.

Marvel will own the Summer of 2018.

• Like 1

How much money is this projected to make? If everyone that saw Black Panther goes just to see more Wakanda plus they get lapsed MCU people because it's a tentpole crossover movie, this is going to break every single record, right? 

(I don't follow the blockbuster contest, so I have no idea what I'm talking about.) 

• Like 1

Personally, I think that Black Panther was the key to IW's financial future.  If it had sucked, IW probably would've bombed as well.  BP set IW up for success by smashing records and bringing in tons of money so we'll see if movies like Ant-Man & The Wasp can ride the BP / IW wave to success.

I can see this thing running from 2 1/2 to 3 hours and then you'll naturally sit through the credits for the after credit scene.

8 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Am I the only one who always made the a in Thanos a long one? Thay-nos. 

It sounded like Gamora used a long A.  She just stretched out the first syllable longer than you do.

Thay-nos

Thah-nos

The second pronunciation is probably more accurate given the word origin surrounding the name.  It's the pronunciation I use.

I am assuming that the green kid walking hand in finger with Thanos is Gamora, age 5.

I will probably weep buckets when that scene hits.

I like good intentions / bad deeds Thanos.  He seems a lot scarier than whining emo daddy issues nihilism Thanos.  Those character traits seem to have been stuck to Ronan in GoTG.  Yuck.

He's just a dad that wants the universe to be a better place for his adopted children and people like them.... and the best way to achieve universal peace and harmony is by annihilating half of all sentient life everywhere in an instant.

The conspiracy theories can start here about whether or not Killmonger and The Vulture (Do you know how much the Ultimate Package for FiOS costs per month?  I'M TRYING TO KEEP THE LIGHTS ON, MOTHER FUCKER~!) are the new template for MCU sympathetic villain motivations.

Thanos = Killmonger with cosmic powers.

8 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

It's kind of like Hydra wanting to assassinate millions with the helicarriers and the algorithm in order to bring about control rather than chaos. 

In a world where we acknowledge even Hydra think they're the good guys. Yuck! 

You also had some very fine people on both sides.

The press treats Hydra unfairly.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1