DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Phase III Movie Discussion Thread

RIPPA

I'd be fine with college-age Peter movies, but there are so many comic book movies now that creatives are mining properties for nuances that separate their takes from every other adaptation. An adolescent high school kid superhero seems fresher and more compelling. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MarcosLoura said:

In all honesty I feel way closer to this Spider-Man because I grew with Bendis' 10 year run on Ultimate Spidey. Raimi's movies have this old timey feel to them, like old comics.

OLD because you guys are OLD!

I have an urge to slap you with one of those clouds I'm always yelling at..

• Like 1

On 7/10/2017 at 8:02 PM, Niners Fan in CT said:

I liked Spider-Man Homecoming quite a bit and I'll add my thoughts on that later but one thing that bothered me is the lack of 

Hide contents

Spidey sense? I don't know about that.

I didn't like Feige's comments about the lack of it either.  It sounded like "uh, it's there but we'll uh explore that later"  

Spoiler

You really can't rely on the exposition of 40-50 years ago for it. It should be instinctual. It's also kinda alluded to in Civil War. The entire reason for the focusing of Peter's lenses in either costume is that otherwise he's taking in too much information and can't process it otherwise..

I am also completely down with an Aunt May spin-off.

Spoiler

Paltrow coming back isn't too much a surprise. I think Portman's the only one who refuses to.

I agree with Marcos and BP.  I'd probably prefer a college aged Spider-Man if it had not already been done to death with depressing tones and disappointing results. High School Spider-Man era might get there but not yet. Also, Tobey's Spider-Man ranks last out of the three to me. Nostalgia eyes etc etc.

This looks like the coolest fucking movie ever. It keeps looking like the wildest MCU movie. Some of those shots are so fucking out there and amazing looking. I really hope the music is anything like it was in the trailer too.

GET HYPED

• Like 1

Captain Marvel spoilers:

Spoiler

set in the early '90s, Nick Fury will have both eyes, Laurence Fishburne as Dr. Bill Foster/Goliath, and the Skrulls are the villains.

Ant-Man:

Spoiler

Michelle Pfeiffer is Janet Van Dyne

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Casey said:

Captain Marvel spoilers:

Hide contents

set in the early '90s, Nick Fury will have both eyes, Laurence Fishburne as Dr. Bill Foster/Goliath, and the Skrulls are the villains.

Ant-Man:

Hide contents

I honestly thought the Skrulls were part of the Fantastic Four license. Curious

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

He would be a great person to show up.on Planet Hulk.

They used him instead of Surfer in the animated adaptation. It was pretty cool.

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

Hide contents

I honestly thought the Skrulls were part of the Fantastic Four license. Curious

Spoiler

James Gunn said the Skrulls are co-owned by Marvel & Fox.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Craig H said:

HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

Great trailer. Looking forward to this more than any other comic book movie still to come out in 2017

4 hours ago, Casey said:

Captain Marvel spoilers:

Reveal hidden contents

Ant-Man:

Reveal hidden contents

Very happy about these.