DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Phase III Movie Discussion Thread

RIPPA

The general rumor is Ike Perlmutter, CEO of Marvel and one of Disney's largest stakeholders, didn't want to do it, but Kevin Feige, the head guy at Marvel Studios, did.

He no longer answers to Ike. Ike was also allegedly the driving force behind Inhumans, and yeah.. 

Looking at Captain America: Civil War (2016) reviews, the Captain America trilogy have a case to be one of the best comic book film trilogies (X-Men: First Class trilogy has its shot with X-Men: Apocalypse next month). I know this depends on your view on other comic book trilogies and the first film, Captain America: The First Avenger (2011) people either really like or don’t. I’m in the former camp.

5 hours ago, The Natural said:

Looking at Captain America: Civil War (2016) reviews, the Captain America trilogy have a case to be one of the best comic book film trilogies (X-Men: First Class trilogy has its shot with X-Men: Apocalypse next month). I know this depends on your view on other comic book trilogies and the first film, Captain America: The First Avenger (2011) people either really like or don’t. I’m in the former camp.

So, Cap's sitting at 97% with 35 reviews. I think that bodes pretty damn well at this point.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Matt D said:

So, Cap's sitting at 97% with 35 reviews. I think that bodes pretty damn well at this point.

I agree with you. If Captain America: Civil War stays 90 and above, it shall join an exclusive club of comic book movies:

The Dark Knight (2008) 94%

Iron Man (2008) 94%

Superman (1978) 93%

Spider-Man 2 (2004) 93%

Avengers Assemble (2012) 92%

X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014) 92%

Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) 91%

Men in Black (1997) 90%

Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014) just missed out on 89%. Captain America: The First Avenger (2011) scored 79%

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 5:13 PM, RIPPA said:

Black Panther opening in February seems like a very WWE move

I thought it was a very 20th Century Fox / Deadpool move.

And yeah, Black History Month.

Chris Evans' favourite Captain America costume:

"I like the stealth suit from Cap 2. The dark, navy blue suit from the opening of Winter Soldier when I’m on the Lemurian Star, messing people up on that ship. And in the elevator! That’s my favorite. I have requested it every movie, but the people at Marvel really like a little red. They like a little red in there. Which is fine. It’s Cap; I get it."

A history of Captain America's MCU costumes:

tumblr_non9icvJFd1t0giw6o1_500.jpg

Always liked the costume from Captain America: The First Avenger (2011). If I had to make a change to it, use a darker blue to reflect the USA flag. The worst for sure is the Avengers Assemble (2012) look, mainly for the cowl/helmet and it made Evans look smaller compared to the other outfits. Fucking S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent Phil Coulson ; ). Will say I liked the red gloves and boots from it.

I'm a big fan of the stealth suit in Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014) based on the Steve Rogers Super Soldier comic book. Marvel are as every Cap suit since then is based on that design. I prefer the CA: TFA original to the slightly changed version in CA: TWS. Cap's Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015) outfit is too busy. I don't like the long fingerless gloves or the boots. Cap's outfit in Captain America: Civil War (2016) is an upgrade. Glad the better smaller gloves and boots return from CA: TWS stealth suit. I just wish the white around the arms was there more than anything and make the colours a tad brighter.

I'd order them in:

1. Captain America: The First Avenger World War II

2. Stealth suit/Steve Rogers Super Soldier, Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

3. Smithsonian suit, Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

4. Captain America: Civil War.

5. Avengers: Age of Ultron.

6. Avengers Assemble.

Ask me another day and I might switch #1 with #2.

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 10:58 PM, Niners Fan in CT said:

They never wanted to do Black Panther. 

They didn't really want to do Inhumans either if rumors are true. 

What Fowler said.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

It's okay Fowler - I don't know why JT hates your posts either

I don't read any further than two posts up from my own.  It is a habit I got from Mark.  I blame Coales.

• Like 1

So yeah, for those of you that thought that Team Iron Man was short handed.....

I like the chemistry between Evangeline Lilly and Paul Rudd in Ant Man and I enjoyed the fact that Hope van Dyne was an even bigger badass than Scott Lang:

So I am praying this Ant Man / Wasp movie will be good.

I have no idea who the antagonist(s) should be.  Maybe keep the heist / corporate espionage feel of the first movie and make Roxxon the BBEG and give them a team of B-Listers like The Eel. the Gladiator, Discus, Stiletto, or the Beetle or do something else with AIM now that Killean is dead and AIM's days as a legit government contractor are done?

• Like 1