DVDVR Message Board

RIP, Prince

Gonzo

It's confirmed that there was a fatality at his estate - beyond that not sure

EDIT - excuse me, his music studio per Carver County Sheriff’s Office (via NBC News)

It's crazy - was never a superfan, had the two-disc greatest hits and that's it. Wanted to see him live, but never did.

But it hurts me that he's not around. Music NEEDED Prince, and is a much sadder place without him.

• Like 5

Holy fuck, but death has been on a roll lately claiming my favorite human beings.  Fuck 2015 and fuck 2016.

RIP to His Royal Badness.  I am broken hearted.

Prince single handedly wrote the soundtrack to my adolescence. 

• Like 5

The older I get the more I appreciate people like Prince (and Bowie) that stood up for making it okay to be different, to be non-conformist, to march to the beat of your own drummer, to be true to yourself.

Purple Rain is the greatest power ballad of all time. The music will live forever.

• Like 14

I never got to see him perform live. I was kind of hoping to maybe see one of the solo piano shows this year if things worked out. The only artist that means more to me than Prince or Bowie is Dylan, and he's older than both of them... 

This totally kills me. The Cure are my favorite band of all time. But Prince, with Frank Sinatra & Kreator, was part of a 3-way tie for my no.2 favorite. I've always loved Prince's music since I was a kid in the 1980's and this is so unreal and depressing. I saw him live in 1997 at the Summit in Houston, TX and he was amazing live. I can't even process this. How is this reality? Super depressing.