DVDVR Message Board

2016 NBA Playoffs: OCTOFINALS

Dolfan in NYC

All part of the plan.  GS was supposed to win by 40.  What the hell is wrong with them?  Also, explain to me, if they're so greatest of all time, why do they always get ticky tack bullshit called on their opponents while they can get away with pushing Harden into the Warrior bench on a moving screen to free up Steph? At least we get at least three more games of Pat Bev antagonizing Steph.

That Pacers/Raptors game was a friendly reminder that having the best player on the floor is more important in a series.  

PG had his ups and downs this year, but he dominated Derozan on both ends today. With Carroll not all the way back, they just have no one to guard him.

Paul George just did whatever the hell he wanted in the second half of the Pacers/Raptors game.  It was definition of "I'm the best player on the court and no one on the Raptors will stop me".  He wasn't just scoring either.   In the 4th quarter, the offense was running through him (usually in the post) and Raptors started shadowing him with another man in the paint, and he 3 or 4 sweet assists.  It was very smooth.  The good news for Toronto is that they pretty much have one objective this series:  slow Paul George down.  He has a lot of weight to carry so slowing him down   Also Lowry can't play any worse, right?

Warriors can likely get away with sitting Seth Curry a game.  Well, they should be able to in this series with another home game coming up.  I'm rooting against them and all, but I don't want to see Seth go down or hear about asterisks playoffs, so they should take precautions.

6 hours ago, Kuetsar said:

I imagine the can rest Seth Curry all the they want considering he plays for the KIngs :) I imagine the Rockets won't be good enough to challenge anywant to Steph could probably take a day off. . . .

Not sure why I was thinking of Seth Curry there outside of me just preferring the name "Seth".  "Seth" always sounds more villainous to me.

Good to see Deng snap on em yesterday.  

The Bulls traded him away to avoid the cap, snag a protected 1st rounder and clear room for Melo.  Now here we are 2 years later... the money went to Pau (who is leaving) instead of Melo, the 1st round pick is now a late 2nd rounder and the Bulls are back over the tax line while also missing the playoffs.

Good thing Gar let us know his job is safe for.... eternity I would presume? Ugh.  Maybe if the White Sox keep winning Jerry will have time to glance at the Bulls situation.

• Like 1

I know every big on every team does it, but holy shit is their any combo of players in the league with more illegal screens than Bogut and Draymond?  Bogut will sometimes set a good, legal screen and then grab you on the way by just so he can meet his quota apparently... 

I hate these fucking goons.

• Like 2