DVDVR Message Board

2016 NBA Playoffs: OCTOFINALS

Dolfan in NYC

So there is a chance that OKC/SAS will have played 2 games before the Warriors even play their next game

Because the NBA schedule makes total sense...

• Like 1

Wouldn't they get to rest after this round while the Warriors would likely still be playing the Blazers (or Clippers)? That stuff evens out and I prefer it to what the NHL has traditionally done (wait until everybody is finished before starting the next round). Of course, this year, they finally had the second round start before the first round finished (by a whopping three hours).

That's a long-winded way of me saying I'm a fan of any scheduling that gets through the playoffs quicker.

Doc Rivers spending the off-season bitching about the Warriors getting lucky, only to get lucky and see Curry get injured whilst the Clippers are 2-0 up, only to lose his 2 best players and now not even get a chance at getting lucky against a Curry-less Warriors is the best sub plot possible.

Fuck Doc Rivers and his untalented son.

• Like 2

On 4/27/2016 at 0:12 AM, Niners Fan in CT said:

Atlanta sports teams love to choke in a big spot so let's hope that continues here.

How'd that work on for you? Choke on that.

I think my least favoring recurring NBA sub-plot is Kyle Lowry no-showing in the playoffs. Dude's such a tough and gritty player and the playoffs should be MADE for him. He should be Dame Ontario but it's not working for him.

Killa Kemba tho...

7 hours ago, Greggulator said:

I think my least favoring recurring NBA sub-plot is Kyle Lowry no-showing in the playoffs. Dude's such a tough and gritty player and the playoffs should be MADE for him. He should be Dame Ontario but it's not working for him.

Killa Kemba tho...

It seems like Lowry breaks down over the course of the season. I also think Lowry's regular season success comes from playing at 100% when other guys are often hovering around 80% but in the playoffs, everyone plays hard so his advantage is gone.

17 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

The skinny 40 year old in the purple shirt and headband needs to be shot.  

WADE~

The purple shirt dude with the unnecessary accessories deserves some of the blame for that lost.   Not sure how much, but it's a percentage.

ChQgyPyVEAAOrGT.jpg

• Like 2

13 hours ago, RandomAct said:

I'll always hate Dwyane Wade.

I hated Wade when I was in high school and he kept beating Steve Logan (the greatest Cleveland high school basketball player of all time) while he was at Marquette. I hated Wade when he tricked Lebron in to leaving the paradise that is Cleveland, OH for four years in the prime of his career. I still hate him now because it's all I've ever known. 

That being said, those last two minutes he was fucking cold blooded. He has a different gear than everyone else in that series. Kemba was basically doing his best impression of Lebron in Detroit in 04, and Wade yawned and said "That's nice".