DVDVR Message Board

2016 NBA OFFSEASON

RIPPA

On 5/25/2016 at 11:40 PM, Kuetsar said:

Heat assistant David Fizzdale is the favorite for the Grizzlies job. .  .

I'm sorry to see him leave Miami but good for him. He's been Miami's DC for all intents so Mempho is a good fit.

New Orleans Pelicans' guard Bryce Dejean-Jones has died from a gunshot wound to the abdomen.

According to a report obtained by the Dallas Morning News, Dallas police officers responded to a call about a shooting at an apartment at about 3:20 a.m. Saturday morning. The resident of the apartment said an individual had kicked open his front door and entered his apartment. The resident, who had been asleep, retrieved a handgun when he heard the individual. After calling out and not receiving an answer, the resident fired his gun at the individual, who left the apartment and collapsed in the breezeway. The individual was transported to the hospital where he died.

1 minute ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Let the Kevin Durant Sweepstakes begin.

I can't imagine he does anything but sign a deal in Oklahoma that he can get out of next summer. Too much money they got too close this year. Come back, take another shot with Westbrook, wait for the second cap jump and to hit the ten year mark that increases your max value. Then make the decision in 2017.

30 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

Serious question from a NBA casual: Will Anthony Bennett get another shot, or is he officially Ryan Leaf (without the criminal activity)?

I think he's going to have to kill it in the NBDL or internationally to get another legit shot.

If he could change himself to more a role player with a specialty (3pt shooting or defense), it could happen for him.  However, that's a lot of work and even more ego swallowing after being the number 1 pick.

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

I can't imagine he does anything but sign a deal in Oklahoma that he can get out of next summer. Too much money they got too close this year. Come back, take another shot with Westbrook, wait for the second cap jump and to hit the ten year mark that increases your max value. Then make the decision in 2017.

I think Durant stays.  But I think with the money it takes to keep him, someone gets traded to compensate, and it's probably Ibaka who went from being a strong #3 scorer to being an afterthought after what Adams accomplished in the playoffs.   Thunder threw WAY too much money at Kanter and especially Singler when they went all-in this year.  And now they're about to pay the price for it.

Except a frontcourt of Adams and Kanter can work. There were plenty of periods where they looked dominant together. Ibaka ain't what he used to be. I think that team can win a championship if they trim a lot of the fat (Singler, Waiters, Morrow if they aren't going to use him, and a few others) and sacrifice a decent player (Ibaka) to get a proper 2 guard. 

Trade for a returning Jennings and Montae Ellis and run a three-headed SG disaster for most of the game with Durant and Ibaka forced to play inside-only. Cue the 30 wins.

7 hours ago, Death From Above said:

Serious question from a NBA casual: Will Anthony Bennett get another shot, or is he officially Ryan Leaf (without the criminal activity)?

Sounds like he needs a serious skill and attitude/desire upgrade.  Ujiri kind of implied that Bennett mentally checked out when he got sent down to the D-League and questioned if he ever had the desire to be an NBA player

Well, he will also have to live in Turkey. That has varying degrees of good and bad for a number of reasons lately.

Authorities say Sacramento Kings guard Darren Collison was arrested Monday on a domestic violence charge after deputies responded to a report of a woman being assaulted inside a Northern California home.

The Placer County (California) Sheriff's Office said in a release on Tuesday they arrested Collison midday Monday after deputies found the woman visibly injured.

The office said Collison, 28, was booked at the Placer County jail in Auburn. He was charged with one count of corporal injury on a spouse and two misdemeanor bench warrants for driving on a suspended license.

He was released on $55,000 bail hours after his arrest and is due back in court July 11.

11 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

David Blatt to Darüşşafaka Doğuş

I almost feel bad for him. 

I feel like this is a combination of getting out of the spotlight (hence getting out of the NBA coaching carousel and turning down an apparent standing offer from Maccabi Tel Aviv) and also getting the intriguing building project around his brand of basketball he thought he was getting in Cleveland before LeBron returned.

Money ain't bad, either.

Blatt had an offer to be Kerr's lead assistant before he took the Cavs job.  I very much wonder how that career arc would have turned for him.

Also, people were raving about his Princeton hybrid he had in Cleveland before LBJ pretty much said no to it. As stagnant and boring as Cleveland can be to watch, two trips to the finals (including one without his best running mates) sorta proves that The King was right.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Greggulator said:

Blatt had an offer to be Kerr's lead assistant before he took the Cavs job.  I very much wonder how that career arc would have turned for him.

Also, people were raving about his Princeton hybrid he had in Cleveland before LBJ pretty much said no to it. As stagnant and boring as Cleveland can be to watch, two trips to the finals (including one without his best running mates) sorta proves that The King was right.

You could sit ME on the bench to coach a Lebron team, and they'd make the Finals in the East.  Blatt proved his worth in the Finals by changing the defensive and lineup schemes to actually give GSW a scare.

• Like 1

Going to be interesting on the Warriors roster as to how they keep the bench together, especially after today.

An absolute best case scenario (retain Speights, Barnes, Ezeli on what they are now, Barbosa/Rush/Clark/McAdoo/Varejao on the minimum) still sees them over by 3.8 mill.

Guess it depends on how much Barnes wants to get paid (teams will offer it). Ezeli will probably get some too, I'd be much more keen on seeing him go, assuming that Bogut has value too though.