DVDVR Message Board

2016 NBA OFFSEASON

RIPPA

18 minutes ago, sabremike said:

Just make sure whoever they pick stays away from the Colombian nose candy #toosoon?

I wonder how many tweets of similar content Simmons gets between now and the draft. . . 

There was literally nothing from his tenre in Phoenix that was beyond "just OK". And now he is going to a pressure cooker environment and will do so running an offense he never ran in Phoenix.

How can this go wrong?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Josh Mann said:

There was literally nothing from his tenre in Phoenix that was beyond "just OK". And now he is going to a pressure cooker environment and will do so running an offense he never ran in Phoenix.

How can this go wrong?

His one redeeming feature is that he's not Kurt Rambis.

5 minutes ago, sabremike said:

His one redeeming feature is that he's not Kurt Rambis.

Yeah, that's basically what I meant by it not being a bad hire. He's not Rambis.

I want to see DNA results and dental records before I believe Hornacek is becoming the Knicks' coach.  I assume Phil signed off on this, so I'm not ruling out that it's really Kurt Rambis in a Jeff Hornacek suit.

D'Antoni getting another head coaching gig is a big of a head scratcher.  I don't have anything against him although my wife thinks he feigned interest in the Marshall job a couple years ago to get his no-experience brother, Dan, the job.  She's an alum and deeply bitter about that.

I could see the Magic being the new Raptors. Good solid team in the regular season that won't be able to match the top dogs because they lack the elite player (though Lowry has finally shown glimmers of that). 

11 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

Yeah well the Rockets whose problem all year was defense are apparently set on hiring noted defensive guru Mike D'Antoni.

I sort of love the logic here. It's a concession that James Harden will never ever play any defense, so you may as well play fast enough that he scores 45 a game to kind of counteract that?