DVDVR Message Board

2016 NBA OFFSEASON

RIPPA

As I said on facebook, I have a lot of thoughts about my all time favorite basketball player signing with another team. 

Then I saw the Alton Sterling video.  

There are more important things. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

Just one signing from the Lakers that doesn't make me want to vomit with rage, and feel obliged to drink it back up.

Mozgov....Deng.......Calderon.......fucking why. 

If it makes you feel any better the Sixers have yet to put together a roster.

Wait, we have Bayless and Henderson.  Oh boy, this team will be fun.

Brown is getting the short end of the stick.  I hope wherever he goes next has a roster with some talent because he is a great coach.

4 hours ago, _MJ_ said:

What were those 6 championship teams again?  I'll spot you Warriors, Clippers, Spurs, and Cavs that year.  After them, I got nothing.  No way was Houston in there.  OKC didn't make the playoffs.  Atlanta? C'mon.  Heat? Nope. 

Houston was the #2 seed and in the conference finals. The Hawks fell apart but were a 60 win team. They were very much contenders going into the playoffs.

3 hours ago, JRGoldman said:

A Rondo/Wade/Butler/Gibson/Lopez lineup has like, negative spacing. 

The Cavs got Dunleavy in a trade due to all of this. They didn't have to give up Osman, which is interesting. 

This whole thing is insane. What if Whiteside backs out? Basketball is amazing. 

That could be VERY interesting given the possibility there:

-Whiteside backs out of his Miami deal and goes to the team he nearly signed with there- Dallas...and if Dallas gets Whiteside, they can't afford to sign Harrison Barnes's offer sheet anymore...which means Barnes goes back to Golden State and they can't afford to sign Durant. 

Of course, inevitably it would lead to "You already agreed to take Bogut from us...throw in a second round pick in 2049 or something and we'll throw Barnes in the deal", but it would be fun.

6 hours ago, goodhelmet said:

Houston was the #2 seed and in the conference finals. The Hawks fell apart but were a 60 win team. They were very much contenders going into the playoffs.

And Harden won the MVP that year.

1 hour ago, muhammedboehm said:

You also left out if Whiteside doesn't sign with Miami then Miami could offer that money to Wade 

Whiteside re-confirmed, he is staying in Miami. 

I put forth the following question:

So it turns out that Riley never so much as called Wade during the last days. Does that strike anyone as being typical Pat Riley behavior if he actually wanted Wade to come back?

This wasn't an accident.

22 hours ago, Josh Mann said:

Business decision on both their parts and the truth is better to do this now than have to watch him get taken behind the barn in 2 years.

The best part is I get to watch Jrag have to do a 180 on the last decade. I Love This Game. 

When I first heard the bulls were trying to sign him I was a little upset. Three wing players who don't want shoot threes playing in Hoiberg's system? When we need to rebuild?

But when the news broke I was HYPE for some reason. Not going to lie. We will be a whole lot of fun this year. MY BOY D WADE!

Fuck Hoiberg anyway. No way they listen to him, but ehh. What's really funny is the Bulls FO finally built a Thibs team the year after they fired him.

4 hours ago, Josh Mann said:

I put forth the following question:

So it turns out that Riley never so much as called Wade during the last days. Does that strike anyone as being typical Pat Riley behavior if he actually wanted Wade to come back?

This wasn't an accident.

NBA's La Cosa Nostra, doing anything by accident?  Heh.