DVDVR Message Board

2016 NBA OFFSEASON

RIPPA

Mavs/Cuban can't seem to get their top choices to sign there.  Another offseason of plan b & c free agents.

The Celtics are such a non-destination free agency spot nowadays that Al Horford might be their biggest free agent signing since _____________.

38 minutes ago, _MJ_ said:

Mavs/Cuban can't seem to get their top choices to sign there.  Another offseason of plan b & c free agents.

The Celtics are such a non-destination free agency spot nowadays that Al Horford might be their biggest free agent signing since _____________.

I think that's what frustrates me.  We never get the "big fish", but we always manage to have a playoff team.  I just can't help but wonder what would have been, if all of the guys that were taken on as reclamation projects, and improved under Carlisle had stuck around.  Not to mention the drafted guys like Crowder.  Tyson, B-Wright, Crowder, Aminu are all guys(besides Crowder, but he would have gotten there) that flourished in Dallas, and there was no attempt to keep them. So frustrating as a fan.  Now there is a max offer for Barnes, who is a major downgrade from Parsons in every way besides defense.  Give CP the money he wanted, and you likely have Conley on the team.  Fuck me.

2 hours ago, RandomAct said:

I think that's what frustrates me.  We never get the "big fish", but we always manage to have a playoff team.  I just can't help but wonder what would have been, if all of the guys that were taken on as reclamation projects, and improved under Carlisle had stuck around.  Not to mention the drafted guys like Crowder.  Tyson, B-Wright, Crowder, Aminu are all guys(besides Crowder, but he would have gotten there) that flourished in Dallas, and there was no attempt to keep them. So frustrating as a fan.  Now there is a max offer for Barnes, who is a major downgrade from Parsons in every way besides defense.  Give CP the money he wanted, and you likely have Conley on the team.  Fuck me.

Welcome to Philly in the Iverson/Iguodala periods.  You are good enough to make the playoffs and maybe win a round but the ownership is afraid of tearing it down for a rebuild so you hold out for one more year trying your best to attract an A list free agent but you never do.  Every move is spinning your wheels never gaining and never losing ground.

Then the wheels fall off and it is a mess.

36 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Love the Horford signing. The guy is very talented, hopefully he stays healthy.  Now they can start to get rid of some of these soft ass big men.

What if they started doing squats?

• Like 1

I like Horford, I get why Boston did it.

But man,  if they don't land a superstar this year or next (namely KD) the growth curve on that team is going to be way off. Al will be breaking  down before the core of ready to compete.

But if he can get them past round one, and Boston can make a good impression on KD this week, and Durant does reenter free agency next year, it's a piece to sell him on

1 hour ago, evilwaldo said:

Welcome to Philly in the Iverson/Iguodala periods.  You are good enough to make the playoffs and maybe win a round but the ownership is afraid of tearing it down for a rebuild so you hold out for one more year trying your best to attract an A list free agent but you never do.  Every move is spinning your wheels never gaining and never losing ground.

Then the wheels fall off and it is a mess.

Dallas is even more committed to it, because it worked once.

Plus they can't do a full rebuild until Dirk is gone, and I can't imagine them wanting to see him finish his career elsewhere. 

I also have a hard time imagining Carlisle wanting to take on a rebuild at this point in his career (deep respect to the rebuild he did here in 01-03)

He took the discount and it didn't work.  All we got was 14ppg and 127(out of 164) games in 2 years from it.  If they are unable to put a team together for him, then use the rest of the cap on him this year.  He'll never ASK for it, but it's the right thing to do if you're Mark Cuban, due to his failure to let his basketball people do their job.  I mean, y'all know that Donnie Nelson wanted Giannis, but Cuban wanted to trade the pick.  We got Shane Larkin and fuck else.

I don't buy Boston as a serious contender for Durant and KD would be TERRIBLE in that town, the media would eat him alive. I'd love to have him but he's not a Boston guy.  I'd be on cloud 9 if they convinced him I just don't see it.  I think Ainge still needs to work a trade or two.

Dirk should come to Milwaukee to be a backup, where he belonged in the first place. We'll find the gravesite of Tractor Traylor and I guess put a memorial there to undo the trade.

25 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Dirk should come to Milwaukee to be a backup, where he belonged in the first place. We'll find the gravesite of Tractor Traylor and I guess put a memorial there to undo the trade.

Something I always wondered, is how longtime Bucks fans feel about the Traylor for Dirk trade.  Do they look at it like Blazers fans think of Bowie over Jordan or Oden over KD?