DVDVR Message Board

2016 NBA OFFSEASON

RIPPA

Dwight Howard to the Hawks, 3 yrs, $.70.5 . For reasons, I guess. Actually Howard deserved to be in Atlanta, as he is like the Hawks can be: full of potential, and never delivering on it. . .

I like Howard to Atlanta. Maybe I'm deluded, but I think if he's relatively content and happy, he can still be a useful defender and a threat in the PnR.

Other than age, I like him right now more than Whiteside.

11 minutes ago, Josh Mann said:

Depends on the amount. Dwight at $10m per? Yes, absolutely. At 20? No. 

Dwight Howard at $10m?  I don't know what planet you live on, but it ain't Earth.  He averaged 14 and 12 and shot 62% from the field.  He is still probably the best two way center in the league, and the Rockets were a dysfunctional mess all year.

3 hours ago, supremebve said:

Dwight Howard at $10m?  I don't know what planet you live on, but it ain't Earth.  He averaged 14 and 12 and shot 62% from the field.  He is still probably the best two way center in the league, and the Rockets were a dysfunctional mess all year.

Let me be clear. He'll GET 20. Probably more. But at this stage it shouldn't be more than 3 years. 

He got 23.5 for three years. After looking at these other contracts, it seems a lot better than it did a few hours ago. When Kent Bazemore gets 70 over 4, Howard looks pretty good. Especially if the Hawks somehow gets Horford back. . . 

I was actually not aware of that until now. That's reasonable. 

And let me get this out now: I will always love DWade, but I'm not going to scream TRAITOR if someone else wants to pay him more than Miami does, period. I'm not blind to the fact that he's past his sell-by date. 

These teams sure are paying a shit ton of money just so they can be bounced out of the first round.  Seriously, none of these insane deals make anyone a contender.  24 hours after I thought the Mosgov deal was about the stupidest offer ever, apparently Lakers had lowballed him with the deals yet to come.  

At this rate I'm expecting OJ Mayo to get a $10M contract just to sit out.

Welcome to the cap jump.

One way or another you have to spend 90% of the new cap, which went up 24 million bucks. There aren't nearly enough elite level players available to fill all open elite level salary space.

Imagine how much money teams would be offering KD if there wasn't a maximum.

3 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Welcome to the cap jump.

One way or another you have to spend 90% of the new cap, which went up 24 million bucks. There aren't nearly enough elite level players available to fill all open elite level salary space.

Imagine how much money teams would be offering KD if there wasn't a maximum.

Ok but answer this why couldn't teams to to players on there roasters and offer to extend them by adding years and money? Instead of throwing big money at none elite players?