DVDVR Message Board

2016 NBA OFFSEASON

RIPPA

Sounds like they're trying to move Monroe out of town ASAP. The rumoured deals sound kind of shitty though. While he doesn't fit in with what they're going for, it may be best just to hang on to him and get what you can out of him than lose him for almost nothing.

Yeah, I heard both of them for Ben McLemore, but... Really?

I kinda feel bad for Monroe. Twenty years ago, a 16 ppg, 10 rpg guy with good post offense would be a borderline star, even without being a great defender and getting lost on pick n rolls. He just arrived a generation too late.

10 hours ago, Zimbra said:

I was at the game and I'm with you on the defense.  Trying to score on a Delly/Brogdon/Giannis/Parker/Henson lineup is going to be damn near impossible for most teams.  Even Beasley seemed to be trying on D tonight.  

I was impressed by both Brogdon and Maker.  Brogdon looked like a real playmaker and his defense seems to have translated.  Maker is green as grass but his shot looked nice and he was active on offense.  The rebounding needs work, though, because Powell was killing him.  Powell was really good overall and I didn't realize he had that much range on his jumper.

Man, Powell is so damn inconsistent with that jumper.  Some games he tricks me into thinking that he finally has it, and others I'm like "please stick to being a roll man".  He's an energetic rebounder and underrated defender though.  I already see alot of things I'm going to like about Bogut this year.

9 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

They are long and athletic and bouncy, but the big questions are shooting and what the fuck do you do with MCW and Moose Monroe?

Ideally they get moved.  I don't think the McLemore deal is happening, but the Lamb deal still might.  If not I think Monroe gets shifted to the bench to help with the 2nd unit scoring.  He did more attacking off the dribble last night than straight post ups, so it looks like he's trying to adjust his game at least.  MCW can get to the basket and defend, so I think he still has value.  I expect we'll see him in a lot of two PG lineups with Delly since Delly's handle is so shaky.

Forgot to mention that Justin Anderson looked like really good last night on both ends.  Tons of energy and really smart with his positioning on defense.

Point: Go.  It's $10.  There's a Shake Shack outside if you get sick of seeing terrible basketball. 

Counterpoint: Don't go. Who'd want to ride the Q train at 10pm when it's over?  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to go ahead and say that Draymond is going to regress badly this year.  

Mainly because he's going to spend half his games with a technical for kicking balls:

http://deadspin.com/draymond-greens-taekwondo-skills-are-already-in-midseas-1788102574