DVDVR Message Board

2016 NBA OFFSEASON

RIPPA

8 hours ago, Ryan said:

Not really a place for politics, but since it's semi-relevant and about a NBA player, I guess it fits. What the fucking hell is this shit?

We call that, "par for the course"

Jrue Holiday will miss the start of the season and fuck knows how long as his wife - former US Women's National Soccer Team Member - Lauren Holiday needs brain surgery.

Oh and she is pregnant too

There is nothing about this story that isn't terrifying

http://deadspin.com/pregnant-lauren-holiday-to-undergo-brain-surgery-husba-1786166675

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Aw man... Miami's doctors have found more blood clotting in Bosh's system and have refused to clear him. It's not life threatening but he shouldn't be playing on the medication needed. That's the shits.

Erik Spoelstra watched someone drop dead on the court because of THIS VERY REASON. He's never playing another minute for Miami.

Bosh is going to sue to get back on the court, but if the Heat's doctors are right, then the team and he really just need to work something out and buy him out of his deal.

Problem with Bosh is that he has to be declared medically ineligible for the Heat to free up the cap space taken up by his big ol' contract. They don't really care about paying him, they'll have to, it's all about freeing up enough space to go after a big name next season.

I'm gonna miss Mo.  He was a high point of some truly dreadful mid-00s Milwaukee teams, especially once TJ Ford went down.  He was pretty much the definition of a "solid hand" and was always well-liked in the locker room and by the fans.

And fuck the championships ring, this the highpoint of Mo's career:

Godspeed, Fog Raw.

50 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Ben Simmons has a fracture in his foot. 

What is it about the Sixers and high draft picks and feet? Lol

So much for all that optimism. Was really hoping for the Sixers to turn the corner as I've developed an affinity for them as a STH for the past 5 years.

25 minutes ago, Ryan said:

They can try and find a guy who can dunk from that far away.

They once had Dr J but he's now close to 70 so that wouldn't work.

I know preseason doesn't matter, but I can't wait to see Golden State on the court tonight. I know the starters might play a quarter, but I don't care. The NBA is back, baby!

Oh, I'm at work DVRing it, BTW. I know the first quarter has already passed.

What's wrong with the Warriors? (Besides not playing any of their stars in the second half)

Will Durant overcome his slow start?

I love how completely meaningless these games are. It's a little glimpse into how things might go. I'm now highly interested to see how Houston does if they keep chucking dumb 3-pointers every trip up, for example. (Hint: prolly not well)

I like Milwaukee's chances of getting back in the playoffs. Watching them against the Mavs tonight, and their defense is quite smothering, Jabari Parker looks like a full blown NBA player now too. Thon Maker is going to be a game changer for them in time.

1 hour ago, RandomAct said:

I like Milwaukee's chances of getting back in the playoffs. Watching them against the Mavs tonight, and their defense is quite smothering, Jabari Parker looks like a full blown NBA player now too. Thon Maker is going to be a game changer for them in time.

I was at the game and I'm with you on the defense.  Trying to score on a Delly/Brogdon/Giannis/Parker/Henson lineup is going to be damn near impossible for most teams.  Even Beasley seemed to be trying on D tonight.  

I was impressed by both Brogdon and Maker.  Brogdon looked like a real playmaker and his defense seems to have translated.  Maker is green as grass but his shot looked nice and he was active on offense.  The rebounding needs work, though, because Powell was killing him.  Powell was really good overall and I didn't realize he had that much range on his jumper.