DVDVR Message Board

2016 NBA OFFSEASON

RIPPA

The worst part of it is, Charlotte the city actually put laws in place to the opposite effect, and the state law trumps it and screws us out of millions.

Edit: Not to make light of the social stuff by saying the money is "the worst". You know what I mean.

• Like 3

Dirk and the Mavs finalized their deal.  2/$50M, with $30M of it guaranteed and the 2nd year as a team option.  I'm glad the Mavs are doing right by him with this deal.

• Like 1

The lack of a market for Waiters baffled me. He looked absolutely great in the playoffs, generally was the best version of himself, and obviously lesser players were getting cartoon money.

21 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

The lack of a market for Waiters baffled me. He looked absolutely great in the playoffs, generally was the best version of himself, and obviously lesser players were getting cartoon money.

During his time in Cleveland, he punched Kyrie Irving in the face during practice and then went to local reporters and complained that Irving and Thompson were playing "buddy ball" and not passing him the ball. He is an insane child. 

Despite all of that, I love Dion. Basketball needs guys like him who think they are the best player on the team no matter what. I'm sure he thinks that he is going to Miami to be the heir apparent to Wade, score 26 a game, and get a huge contract next year. 

• Like 1

Monty Williams is coming back to coaching next year on Pop's staff, with an eye towards getting a head coaching gig in the next year or two.  Glad he'll be back in the league and you can't ask for a better situation than San Antonio.

• Like 2

On 7/25/2016 at 6:54 PM, Brian Fowler said:

Waiters didn't exactly have the most awe-inspiring regular season ever. Plus something tells me he's not exactly a locker room leader.

Russ resigns w/ OKC! He has a three-year deal, with the third being his option. The revenge tour starts NOW and I am so excited to see what the hell he does. His first game against GSW is the must-watch game of the year.

• Like 2

I hate it.

But then, I hate OKC because I always kinda liked the Sonics. And I wanted to see him go to the Celtics so somebody besides the Cavs have a shot at being in the Finals in the East. Beyond that, I guess it's a good move? Not really though, he's gonna ball out and they're gonna win 40 games. Talent is helpful.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ryan said:

First man to average 40 ppg in decades. 38 wins.

It was Russell's team two seasons ago when Durant was all but out the entire year (with Russ missing a decent chunk too) and they still won 45.  And I think this roster is comparable.  I still believe they are a 4 or 5 seed (and I think we all know what that would mean for the second round.)

Westbrook will put up some wild stats(both negative and positive), but I'm not buying him leading them into a top 3 or even 4 seed into the playoffs.  OKC didn't just lose Durant this off-season.  The points have to come from somewhere besides Westbrook, so I'm sure both Adams/Oladipo will improve their points per game averages this season, but I don't think scoring is their strong suit.  I don't think it's going to be easy for them if someone important goes down; of course they could still make some moves.

Good on OKC though, and it doesn't really matter why he signed the extension(interesting but not important), Russell bulletproof in OKC now.  At least for a season or two...

While I see Westbrook putting up crazy numbers, being a highlight reel staple, and making the MVP race interesting, I don't actually see OKC making the playoffs. I see this as the year that we finally see teams like Minnesota and Utah in the playoffs.

• 3 weeks later...

Not really a place for politics, but since it's semi-relevant and about a NBA player, I guess it fits. What the fucking hell is this shit?

8 hours ago, Ryan said:

Not really a place for politics, but since it's semi-relevant and about a NBA player, I guess it fits. What the fucking hell is this shit?

We call that, "par for the course"