DVDVR Message Board

2016 NBA OFFSEASON

RIPPA

1 minute ago, APO said:

It's been official for quite a while, tho...

I was of the opinion that Dray was the heel mouthpiece but the team's style of play was so breathtaking and revolutionary that they were still likable.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Imagine Larry Bird signing to play with Magic Johnson. These players are complete bitches.  Durant wanted to alleviate ALL of the pressure of being a star in the league.

Did you say the same of the super Celtics team too? I agree with the idea that they're villains now but this has been a thing for what, 8 years now?

I'm not Warriors fan at all, but I already see I may have to ride for Durant this season.  I always support a player going where he wants to go in FREE agency.  He's going get it pretty bad this season.  The Heat were getting bounced out of the 1st round when Bosh and Lebron came so this is a little different.  

• Like 1

He essentially signed a one year deal(with player option for the 2nd year), so he is REALLY going to cash in next year when the cap rises even higher. Imagine if Steph broke his ankle or something and Durant had to be a leader again. . . . 

8 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Did you say the same of the super Celtics team too? I agree with the idea that they're villains now but this has been a thing for what, 8 years now?

and Larry and Magic were on "superteams" themselves. Who needed free agency?

Part of me wants this to be an angle where KD goes to GSW, wins the title, and then heads back to OKC having stolen their secrets.

Also, what are the odds for Russ for MVP now? He is going to absolutely go fucking crazy next year. I don't even want to know.

• Like 1

If you take away the complete Jim Gray doucheness of "the Decision", this is much worse in my opinion.  You were 2 or 3 minutes away from beating them and then you join them.  I don't see the Thunder losing Ibaka as a huge loss given the play they got in the trade.    If the Thunder looked like a team rebuilding then it makes perfect sense to run for the winner.  OKC is far from that

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

Is it too early to wish for ACL tears?

On yourself or what? Leave the player you don't like alone. ;)

19 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

I was of the opinion that Dray was the heel mouthpiece but the team's style of play was so breathtaking and revolutionary that they were still likable.

Nah, Klay has always had a punchable bitchface and Curry's likability has been plummeting for the last couple of months.

• Like 1

I've been trying to come up with the word for my opinion on this, and I think I've settled on lame. Can you imagine Jordan signing up to be the third best (Curry, Green) player on a team? Kobe? Magic? Bird?

He's selling himself short, and it's unfortunate. Also less wise than he might think - if they win, big whoop, they had the best regular season ever last year, what did he do? If they lose... hooboy. I've heard the conspiracy theory that Nike wanted him there to cool off Curry and Under Armour. I don't believe in such things, but...

• Like 1

Is Russ now Lex Lugar after the Barry turn? Or is he Dusty after someone turned on him that I'm forgetting?

Also, if you hate GSW and how they play, can I interest you in Memphis Grizzlies stock? Tony Allen or someone is going to go out of their way to clock the fucking hell out of KD at some point.