2016 NBA OFFSEASON

RIPPA

Tim Mozgov to the Lakers.   4/64 

Jeremy Lin to Brooklyn. 3/36

DJ Augustin to Orlando 

Jordan Clarkson stays a Laker 4/50

Nic Batum stays a Hornet 5/120(!!)

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Noah's deal with the Knicks is 4/72.   They are in deep negotiations with Eric Gordon now. 

Are... are the Knicks a playoff team now?  

No but you may be considering this as the worst deal this offseason.

58 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Pistons also got Ish Smith at 3/18, which seems like a low key great pickup.

$6 million for that?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Noah's deal with the Knicks is 4/72.   They are in deep negotiations with Eric Gordon now. 

Are... are the Knicks a playoff team now?  

They fight for the 7th or 8th seed depending on health. If you get 70+ games from Melo, Rose, Noah and some from Gordon, they could get in. 

Sounds like Conley is leaning towards staying in Memphis.

Really interesting to see where Dallas goes from here.  Do you hold tight and try again with next years FA class?  Do you give Dirk a Kobe contract and start planning for the rebuild?  Do you chase Wade and whoever else is left?  Does Dirk start taking other offers seriously?  Doesn't seem like there are a lot of good options for them now.

EDIT: Al Jefferson to Indiana, 3/$30M.  I might not have given him that third year, but I like it.

1 hour ago, JRGoldman said:

If you get 70+ games from Melo, Rose, Noah and some from Gordon, they could get in. 

If you get 70+ games from Melo, Rose, Noah and some from Gordon, they could colonize Venus and rule the galaxy.  Melo will probably play 70 games, Rose? Noah? Gordon?!?!?! might play 70 combined.  I have more faith in Rose being healthy than either Noah or Gordon.  

14 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Because today isn't weird enough already OJ Mayo just got kicked out of the NBA for violating the anti-drug program.

FUCK THE DRUG WARRIORS. 

Getting booted from the league right on the eve of what was sure to be his biggest payday is some real heavy shit and I hope he's got a support system.  Hopefully he can pull a Birdman and get his shit together in the next two years.

38 minutes ago, supremebve said:

If you get 70+ games from Melo, Rose, Noah and some from Gordon, they could colonize Venus and rule the galaxy.  Melo will probably play 70 games, Rose? Noah? Gordon?!?!?! might play 70 combined.  I have more faith in Rose being healthy than either Noah or Gordon.  

Did Phil Jackson draw this team up on a video game?

3 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Tim Mozgov to the Lakers.   4/64 

Jeremy Lin to Brooklyn. 3/36

DJ Augustin to Orlando 

Jordan Clarkson stays a Laker 4/50

Nic Batum stays a Hornet 5/120(!!)

No wait, Mozgov and Lin are the worst deals today.  Noah is a very close second.

1 hour ago, Zimbra said:

Sounds like Conley is leaning towards staying in Memphis.

Really interesting to see where Dallas goes from here.  Do you hold tight and try again with next years FA class?  Do you give Dirk a Kobe contract and start planning for the rebuild?  Do you chase Wade and whoever else is left?  Does Dirk start taking other offers seriously?  Doesn't seem like there are a lot of good options for them now.

EDIT: Al Jefferson to Indiana, 3/$30M.  I might not have given him that third year, but I like it.

With regards to Dallas, the lockout year or the post-lockout year?

2 minutes ago, evilwaldo said:

No wait, Mozgov and Lin are the worst deals today.  Noah is a very close second.

1 hour ago, Zimbra said:

Mozgov and Lin aren't great, but they actually play.  There is a very good chance Noah's body is shot, and won't ever be able to play an entire season again.  

8 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Mozgov and Lin aren't great, but they actually play.  There is a very good chance Noah's body is shot, and won't ever be able to play an entire season again.  

Good point.  I was looking at Mozgov as losing his rotation spot.  The guy gets less than 10 minutes in the playoffs and gets $10+ million.  He is the second worst behind Noah.

I have no idea what the Knicks are seeing to give Noah that money and term.

20 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Lin's contract is really reasonable, especially after the cap jumps again.  I think they could package him and Lopez for a draft pick that they so desperately need.

Jerryd Bayless to Philly, 3/$27M.  He wasn't great in Milwaukee but is apparently a good locker room guy and is a big upgrade for Philly.

1 hour ago, Zimbra said:

Jerryd Bayless to Philly, 3/$27M.  He wasn't great in Milwaukee but is apparently a good locker room guy and is a big upgrade for Philly.

TRUST THE PROCESS!

• Like 2

Teletovic to the Bucks, 3/30.  I like his shooting and hate his defense.  

Parsons is getting maxed by the Grizz.

Evan Turner getting paid by Portland, 4/75.  Maybe this will be like the Aminu signing that looks great in hindsight but uggggghhhhhh

4 hours ago, Zimbra said:

Pistons also got Ish Smith at 3/18, which seems like a low key great pickup.

Steve Blake was an absolute disaster last year, team was something like minus a billion with lineups containing Blake at the point. I'm happy with Ish.

Still probably need a back-up 4 since it appears Horford isn't on the table for them.

13 hours ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

DeRozan stays in TO - 5 years $138million

Meh whatever.  I dont hate him.  Dont love him either.  Lets see if the Raps are really going into the luxury tax zone like they said they would and acquire more assets.  Or else they are stuck with the same team that was barely good enough to crawl to the semi finals